Spirit Class 1A cabins

Duncarob

Can anyone confirm whether the Spirit class 1A cabins have two lower beds, instead of bunkbeds? I have read this in a couple of places, but not sure if I have good information. Are the 1A cabins on the Spirit class vessels smaller than a regular inside cabin? Thanks.

I was in the 1A cabin #1255 on the Spirit this past January. It had two beds on the floor that were together for my cruise. The room was very comfortable. I would book it again in a heartbeat.

Can anyone confirm whether the Spirit class 1A cabins have two lower beds, instead of bunkbeds? I have read this in a couple of places, but not sure if I have good information. Are the 1A cabins on the Spirit class vessels smaller than a regular inside cabin? Thanks.

On the Spirit Class ships a great deal is booking a 1A Guar. As was mentioned there are only 5 total on the ship, so your chances are great of getting a nice upgrade.

I did it! Booked 1A cabin 1247 on the Pride for 2/2/09. I feel like I'm getting a great deal.....it's basically a regular inside cabin for a lot less. I wonder why Carnival advertises them as one upper and one lower bed?? Of course, now I'm wondering if I should've booked the guarantee. I worry though about getting "upgraded" to a bad location....like right next to the disco!

I did it! Booked 1A cabin 1247 on the Pride for 2/2/09. I feel like I'm getting a great deal.....it's basically a regular inside cabin for a lot less. I wonder why Carnival advertises them as one upper and one lower bed?? Of course, now I'm wondering if I should've booked the guarantee. I worry though about getting "upgraded" to a bad location....like right next to the disco!
I'll break this to you gently...If you look at the deck plan for Spirit Class ships your cabin 1247 is right across the hall from the lower level of the two story disco.....I have this same situation on one of my future cruises. Fortunately I stay up late...;)

I'll break this to you gently...If you look at the deck plan for Spirit Class ships your cabin 1247 is right across the hall from the lower level of the two story disco.....I have this same situation on one of my future cruises. Fortunately I stay up late...;)

While the deck plan shows the disco is around the corner, the design of the disco on the Spirit class ships is different than all the other classes. Its actually 2 levels, with the dance floor being on the lower level, you cant hear anything from the disco in those 1A cabins.

Duncarob, its your choice, but I would opt for the 1a Guar, some have gone all the way up to oceanview. Since there are so many configurations of 1A cabins on all the Carnival ships, they have chosen to just have one generic pic for all 1A cabins. I guess the idea is, the worst you could end up with on some ships is bunks, so they are preparing the pax for that outcome.

No need to worry you want here the disco at all it was very quite down there it is close to the elavator one floor up is the dinning room and up to deck nine right to the cafe for breackfest lunch and dinner or the aft pool wich is adults only i thought it was a great location

While the deck plan shows the disco is around the corner, the design of the disco on the Spirit class ships is different than all the other classes. Its actually 2 levels, with the dance floor being on the lower level, you cant hear anything from the disco in those 1A cabins.

Duncarob, its your choice, but I would opt for the 1a Guar, some have gone all the way up to oceanview. Since there are so many configurations of 1A cabins on all the Carnival ships, they have chosen to just have one generic pic for all 1A cabins. I guess the idea is, the worst you could end up with on some ships is bunks, so they are preparing the pax for that outcome.

Thanks for the info. I figured the sound proofing would be pretty good. I've always noticed that if you are in another lounge next to the disco you can't even here it.....

No need to worry you want here the disco at all it was very quite down there it is close to the elavator one floor up is the dinning room and up to deck nine right to the cafe for breackfest lunch and dinner or the aft pool wich is adults only i thought it was a great location
Cool..:cool:

Actually, it appears I am around the corner and down the hall from the bottom floor of the disco. My other choice was 1257, which would've been much closer to the disco AND the elevator lobby. Still, I am considering the guarantee....I suppose it would just take a quick phone call to change. On the other hand, 1247 is so convenient to the dining room and straight up the elevator to the buffet and lido deck. You really think there's a chance I could get upgraded all the way to oceanview? I don't know if an upgrade to another inside cabin is worth the risk of ending up in a really bad location.

You really think there's a chance I could get upgraded all the way to oceanview? I don't know if an upgrade to another inside cabin is worth the risk of ending up in a really bad location.

There is no way to know for sure. If you are happy with the 1a and its location I would just stay there. I only suggested the 1A Guar if you wanted to take a chance on something better.

Archived