Baby Packing List?

sabbie

Does anyone have a packing list for an infant? I know there are several threads out there but with the search function down or at least I can't get it to work yet I could use a little help with finding out what to pack. We leave in a couple of weeks and I already have quite a bit ready to go but am looking for any and all suggestions for packing. Thanks!!!!

Here is some things that you may want to make sure you have....this is what we are packing for next week....my son is 11 months old

-Diapers (regular and swim diapers)

-Formula and snacks

-Bottle's and liners

-Sippy cups and some juice

-Blankets

-Hats/sunglass

-Sunscreen

-Stroller

-Beach tent (it is a pop up tent...was wonderful on the beach!)

-paci's

-Travel Diaper bag

-teething tablets/tylenol/therometer

-blow up bathtub (for bathing and for the deck)

-plenty of change of clothes and shoes

-Harness (since he is completely walking)

-his toothbrush and paste

-Some small toys for his stroller and at dinner

-Wipes

-Diaper cream and baby powder/shampoo

hmmm If i think of more i will list it...hope this helps

We always take a super-small bottle of dishsoap so that we can wash the sippy cups and bottles in the sink with super-hot water.

Also--we never did this, but I've heard people say that you should bring a crib sheet from home, so that your baby feels "at home" in the cruiseline's Pack-n-Play.

Have fun!

Celebrat

I justr found an awesome little scrubber things at Target in their dollar bin. You can put dish soap in it (in the handle but it has a short fat handle not the long kind you may be thinking of). It's round in shape with bristles (not a sponge) and it doesn't leak. You push down on the little knob and it pushes out the soap. Perfect for washing cups, bowles, dishes etc while onboard. I picked up several.

Bring infant formulations of any medicine you could conceivably need - fever reducer, etc. Also, a thermometer (will likely raise ??? at security - it took me awhile to catch on to the fact that it was probably the mercury in the thermometer that was showing up like a thin blade:eek:).

If you use special overnight diapers, bring lots of those (I used them on my kids for plane rides or long car rides, also). I've never seen those outside the US, while regular Pampers, etc. are easy to find in most ports.

Have a wonderful cruise!:)

We cruised with a 7-month old and I did a lot of research as to what to take that would make things easier. I found a lady that has cruised with babies of all ages and she emailed me her pack list. I can't post it here but if you email me: deeanna@marykay.com - i will send it to you. It had a LOT of things I hadn't thought of and definitely was glad for her list. :-)

Bring infant formulations of any medicine you could conceivably need - fever reducer, etc. Also, a thermometer (will likely raise ??? at security - it took me awhile to catch on to the fact that it was probably the mercury in the thermometer that was showing up like a thin blade:eek:).

If you use special overnight diapers, bring lots of those (I used them on my kids for plane rides or long car rides, also). I've never seen those outside the US, while regular Pampers, etc. are easy to find in most ports.

Have a wonderful cruise!:)

hmmm....the therometer wasnt a problem last time. I guess we will see this time...I had it in my carry on bag with all the other medicine

hmmm....the therometer wasnt a problem last time. I guess we will see this time...I had it in my carry on bag with all the other medicine

Well, I have to admit this was several years ago, and we were flying Alitalia from Messina in Sicily to Rome. As it almost caused us to miss our flight, it remains very vivid in my mind! :p

If you are concerned about the germs on the pack n plays, they make slip covers that you can buy and bring with you to cover the "difficult to sanitize" pack n play.

Wow, this sounds great! Where do you find them? I've never seen them in Babies R Us.

Just back from the Spirit 6 day cruise -

I took 40 diapers for my 2 year old - which ended up to be about 10 too many - I took 4 small packs of wipes which was just enough - I probably should have had 1 more pack of wipes though, because we used them for clean up at eating time, too.:)

I think you can only get them online: www.coverplayard.com

I ordered mine and it should be here this week. I will let you know how it is...

What a great idea! It seems like a light weight solution to my germaphobia problem. Please post on this board and let me know how this works for you. I may get one too! Thanks for the link!

Just back from the NCL Spirit - we were given a pack 'n play for our 2 year old son. It was in pretty good condition - just noticed one small hole in the mesh.

Happy Cruising !

Thats the problem they shouldnt have any holes in them its super dangerous. Thats why the cover really helps.

Are the cribs on Carnival sort of like a smaller version of a regular sized crib? I would like to bring our own sheets for the 2 cribs. Also, since the little ones will most likely be taking naps during the day, I am guessing that the cribs stay up throughout the week?

Archived