Diamond Review 9/25 Mexican Riviera Part One

bcs819

We were on the Diamond last April to PV, and it was the best time we have ever had! We have been to PV three times before (Twice on Carnival ), but this was our first on Princess and we loved it! We had no problem with the anytime dining, called when we first got on board to make reservations, and had no wait (and there was ten of us). The ship is just beautiful. We have been on eight others, but this one is by far the best!! We are going back to PV on the Diamond this coming April.
Aunt Mimi

[quote name='bcs819']
and while we don’t nitpick, [/QUOTE]
Are you sure you don't nitpick. The problems you encountered didn't seem like vacation ruining experiences. Loud demanding dining neighbours (one night), waiting for a drink, and not having someone run you to the dining room immediately upon embarking should not ruin your vacation.

The detail in your review would indicate that you are inclined to nitpick and that you will probably be disappointed with most vacations because it is difficult to have any real life experience live up to the fantasy experience some people invision.

Thanks for the good honest review. We are going on the Diamond the 16th and could not get the tradional seating which upsets me. I hope the PC dining turns out ok. We like to sit at a large table with others but at an early seating. I plan to make reservations as soon as we get onboard. We have sailed on the Dawn Princess 2 other times and have loved it. I also was sorry to hear that it was hard to find a seat for breakfast in the HC. Dining is also one of the things that we enjoy about cruising. Looking forward to this cruise but think we will go back to a smaller ship if we have similar problems. We have 7 grandchildren but take a cruise to get away & hope this one will not have many onboard.

GC-
I think that if you re-read my review, I complimented the Mature D' because he DID rush me right to make new reservations, in fact moving me in front of those who were waiting, which I said I would be more than happy to have done.
I didn't wait for a drink one time, it was every single time we ordered a drink until we gave up. Someone at one point actually suggested that we go to Horizon Court and bring our own supplies with us to the bar...
I have written reviews on every cruise I have taken (on this board and others) as well as reviews on Vegas, Disney World, the Outer Banks, Arizona, San Francisoco and London on appropriate boards. Feel free to read any of them(my screen name is the same for all) and you will see that I have never written a review like this one before. My expectations are realistic, and things do happen to go wrong on vacation as well in every day life. I kept my review to facts, not emotional statements. If I wanted to nitpick, I would have criticized my cabin steward for not picking up the lime and cigarettes that our neighbor kept leaving on his balcony floor and would roll back and forth between the dividers.
Your posts on other threads calling people "anti-social" because they don't want to dine with others are offensive, at least to me. We spend 8-12 hours 5 days a week dealing with strangers in a public setting. When we are on vacation, we like to spend quality time together. I am sure that someone here can provide an accurate definition of anti-social for you.
I never said that my vacation was ruined. I have never said that Princess should go out of business or that no one else should ever sail with them again. I have answered every question that I could for future cruisers on the Diamond and have still looked at the boards all week so that I could try to help out others who were looking for information. However, I will say again, that Princess is not where we felt like we got the best vacation for our money.

Bearette-
I KNOW Carnival doesn't own Celebrity. (I typo'd in my last response) That was my point, it was sarcasm :)

GC - I have to agree with Bernie. She's been helping the rest of us out even while she was on the ship. Just stating some negatives doesn't make you nitpicky or crabby or whatever other words people use on the boards to criticize others. I'm glad to hear about PC dining. We have traditional and have been considering switching to PC to "experience" all the dining rooms, but now I feel we're better staying with what we have, thanks to her info. As far as the detail, many of us enjoy reading as much about the ships, cruises, etc. as we can. I can only suggest you not read my recent RCCL review which was about 12 pages long in Word, and included positives and negatives. Guess that makes me nitpicky too! Thanks again Bernie for all your help!

[quote name='bcs819']GC-

I am sure that someone here can provide an accurate definition of anti-social for you.
[/QUOTE]I really do not require that type of assistance from this board.

Anti-social - disliking or disinclined for social intercourse. (Webster's Dictionary)
Intercourse - reciprocal social or commerical dealings between individuals, groups or nations. (Webster's Dictionary)

I don't think that the word was used inappropriately. You may have valid reasons for the behavior but the behavior is still the behavior.

GC - perhaps you do need some help if that is the best definition you can come up with for intercourse :) I was also wondering if you were ever going to post anything that didn't criticize someone else's posts. So far, that's all you've done here. I would certainly be interested in any cruise knowledge you could share.

This is the definition I found for anti-social at dictionary.com:

1. Shunning the society of others; not sociable.
2. Hostile to or disruptive of the established social order; marked by or engaging in behavior that violates accepted mores: gangs engaging in vandalism and other antisocial behavior.
3. Antagonistic toward or disrespectful of others; rude

How does boarding a cruise ship for 7 days with several thousand strangers, climbing into much smaller boats to get to some ports, sitting elbow to elbow in show venues, crowding into lounges for life-saving procedures and exchanging conversation around pools and on excursions make one anti-social? Choosing to do one activity alone doesn't make anyone anti-social.

• 1 month later...

Archived