Just back from the CP

susanne316

30 Min after we came home our kitten died in our arms. We had gotten e-mail reports from oldest daughter and she siad she was doing well. But when we came home she looked bad and Gracie died. What a way to end a cruise!

Last night at the ship I became very ill and had to sit in the bathroom with a bucket in my arms. The ship was rocking pretty badly however I am still sick today. After the kitten died I went to bed and just got up a little while ago. I have very bad stomach cramps and still fel sick. My dh mentioned I was the only one that ate Sushi at the ship. MMHHH

Our billing is also messed up. The charges were supposed to come out of my MIL credit card but they came out of our credit/debit account which we only found out AFTER we checked our bank balance this afternoon. Not sure yet if they charged my MIL twice since all the charges according to our final bill were charged to her credit card. Just glad I have money in my account!

The coffee was the absolut worse we ever had in our entire lives. It was so bad we ended up paying for expressos after dinner and in the afternoon. The icre cream at scoops was so bad we only bought it once.

The desserts on the ship are the best I have ever tasted. The Love boat dessert is so good Yummy. The ice creams in the dining rooms are good also. Food in general was plenty <I gained 8lbs> but it lacked total quality and catered to the masses. My MIL loves steak but the only steak available in the dining room was a strip steak that wasn't very good <I did not try> My dh and her had dinner one night at Sterling Steak house and loved it. The food was mostly the same in all the dining places including the Horizon Court. We were so disappointed with the food we ended up the 2nd night with PC dining. Did not have a problem getting a table but the ship was only around 2300 people. The waiters we had was a married couple and they saved our dining experience. She was a jr waiter and very very good. Very very pleased with them.

Our balcony room was wonderful. We had our smaller daughter with us and the older one was with my mIL. Room service was fast and very efficent <our kids ordered it a lot>

Movies under the Stars is a great concept. We made reservations one night at 10pm.They give you a blanket, bring freshly popped pop corn and it was just an awesome experience. We watched Shrek2 and it was pretty funny. The movie selection was limited and I just wish they had some newer movies.

Spa was fine. I had a foot and leg massage the first night and it was wonderful. The girl was very nice and friendly.

Kids did not like the kids/teen club and never went back.

More later :)

We also just returned from the Sep 27th 5-day cruise to Costa Maya and Cozumel (changed from eastern itinerary). Had Aft B754 and loved it. The weather all week was beautiful, sunny and hot. Since we only had 5 days, we didn't attend many of the evening shows, but opted to do Movies Under the Stars for 2 nights and loved it. Also gambled some but didn't win, but had fun. We did see Caribbean Caliente and comedian Sarge. We celebrated DH 50th birthday by having dinner at Sabatinis and really enjoyed it, great experience. The food on the CP in general was good, but I was disappointed with some of the soups and pasta dishes (just me). Princess used to have some great pasta dishes, but the menu seems to have changed quite a bit and the cream soups (tried lobster bisque and cream of asparagus) but they tasted bland. Having read previous reviews about the coffee, I was surprised it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Our cabin attendant Lenie was great, but in general I felt the staff lacked something and didn't seem to be as friendly as they were on other ships (just my observation). The ship is beautiful, but I felt it was missing something. This could have been because the ship sailed with only 2400 people. Communcation on Princess' part could improve. Thanks to posts on these boards, we did book an open booking for a future cruise. All-in-all, we had a good time and am looking forward to our next cruise (maybe in 6 months to celebrate my 50th BD).

Ditto PSUPA. We were worried about the coffee also and didn't think it was to bad either. Just funny to see it coming out of a beer tap. I also had three helpings of the Sushi and feel fine today. What I did do was disenfect my hands several times a day. Ship was very clean but with as many people as we had on board I didn't want to take the risk of catching something. Overall I thought the food was good, not great by any means. Not a big soup eater so I really can't comment on those. My main concern was similar to PSUPA and that was that the staff seemed to lack something. We signed up for traditional late dinning and only had 4 people at a table for 8. Service was so slow we moved to PC dinning and loved it.

Archived