Interlinesail Snorkel trip/St Thomas

krazykruzer

My new wife and I just returned from our honeymoon cruise, and wanted to let everyone know about a great time we had in St Thomas. We had a brochure for Interlinesail, which is a day sail company based in Red Hook. We booked direct with Interlinesail for a full day sail and snorkel trip. We were very pleased with this company from the very first contact. The day sail was about six hours long; we sailed to St John and had 2 snorkel stops. Captain Omar and Jan were friendly and out-going; the food was good and there were plenty of drinks. The snorkling was some of the best we've ever done- saw many different types and sizes of fish and lots of pretty coral. We really enjoyed the sailing, too.

The price we paid was well worth the trip!

You can contact this company via their website, www.interlinesail.com or over the phone at 340-690-8228 for more information and rates.

Dear Krazy;

Please tell me more about your day sail ! We will be going with Omar and Jan in November of this year. Which boat did you go on and where did you go? Did you sail mostly? Where did you snorkle at and what was the weather?Please post some more and give us details of this day sail and your entire trip. Welcome to Cruise Critic !

Thanks for the welcome. We were told about the board by others on our ship; it's a wealth of info on a lot of topics. Wish I had found it sooner. Jan from Interlinesail actually asked me how we found out about them, and I told her our Travel agent and she told me they get lots of business and referrals from the Cruise Critic board. I promised I would write a note about them when our trip was over. Our cruise was lots of fun and a new adventure for us, although I will never book another cruise in Sept again. We ended up having good weather the entire trip, but had many anxious days leading up to our departure thanks to all those hurricanes. As it turned out, we worried for nothing.

Regarding our day sail in St Thomas: We sailed on Slo Dancin, which is Captain Omar's personal boat. Omar owns Interlinesail. He recently retired from the Canadian Diplomatic Corp ( a Colonel, I think), and has some really interesting stories, having sailed all over the world during his many postings. Slo Dancin is his pride and joy, and he truly loves to sail her. This is the boat that has the swim platform and he also has a dinghy. It's a very nice boat- if you sail with Omar, I'm sure you will be on this one.

Our weather was perfect. We had sunshine and good wind, which made it very comfortable. I wanted to sail; my wife wanted to snorkle , so a day sail to St John was the right choice for us. Captain Omar let me sail for a while, which was a treat. I sailed as a young boy, but had forgotten how great it was to have the wind behind you and the peaceful quiet of a sailboat. Once we got over to St John, we went ashore to the beach at Hawksnest Beach and we snorkled right off the beach. When we got back on the boat, we had lunch and cold beer, then set off back across the water towards St Thomas. We made a second stop at a beautiful little uninhabitated island, and went swimming and snorkeling there as well. The only way I can sum it up is -perfect.

If you sail with Interlinesail, be sure and tell them Karl and Linda said "hello" , and that we did write the review!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived