1st night "casual" dinner?

I don't know what happened to my post earlier, but anyway, I have read that the dinner in the dining room the first night is "casual" and I am just wondering what is acceptable?

Thank you.....Trish

as long as you have shirt, shoes, and something on the bottom you get served in the dining room. a lot of people think you have to get dressed up, but they let my husband and son in the dinning room every night in shorts. dress code is only a suggestion.

as long as you have shirt, shoes, and something on the bottom you get served in the dining room. a lot of people think you have to get dressed up, but they let my husband and son in the dinning room every night in shorts. dress code is only a suggestion.

That's an interesting dress code. Shorts eh?? What ship, what destination and what time of year??

Rick

I don't know what happened to my post earlier, but anyway, I have read that the dinner in the dining room the first night is "casual" and I am just wondering what is acceptable?

Thank you.....Trish

I appreciate the OPs question. We always like to follow the dress code, but sometimes it's not possible on the first night. On our last cruise aboard the Carnival Conquest we went to dinner wearing the clothes (jeans and Tshirts) that we had on during boarding and had no problem.

We've worn capris and tops (girls) and khakis w/golf shirts (guys) most times. One year we did not have our luggage by sailing so we wore the shorts we boarded the ship in. I felt odd walking in but there were MANY folks in the same situation and of all nights, this is probably the most casual due to luggage delivery.

Some folks pack their first night dinner clothing in their carry-ons, but we always have all the electronics, swimsuits and workout wear (running shoes/clothes) w/us so I figure worst case we wear what we boarded in to dinner and it's only been an issue that one time.

No, it's a code - I would feel very offended by a head waiter who allowed this and would have let him know. Shorts ARE allowed in the Windjammer.

Always seen all types of clothes on 1st night in dining room, as many have not received luggage prior to dinner. DW and I went to dinner last Nov. on the Mariner in our shorts as we did not have luggage. This is only night I've noticed shorts in this or any other dining room on our cruises.

I've gotten away with jean shorts, and a polo shirt. Royal Caribbean is really not that picky on casual nights, although fellow diners would like you to change out of the clothes you wore that day (but they'll accept it on day 1.) Clean yourself up a bit, and you should be fine.

Royal Caribbean considers casual being sport shirts and slacks for men, sundresses or pants for women, and a nice top.

However, about only half the guests follow Royal Caribbean's dress code on casual nights. So don't worry over it.

Portions of the dress code are only a suggestion but no shorts at dinner is actuallty a rule. Although it is often overlooked the first night due to some people not yet receiving their luggage, most would not find this acceptable after the first night.

Archived