Onboard credit?

chrob

Do you receive any onboard credit if you book another cruise whilst onboard a P and O ship?

If so does anyone how much?

Hi Chrob,

Last year whilst onboard I booked a cruise for this year and was given £50 OBC for doing so.

Then, when I got home I transferred the booking to a cruise agent of my choice and got their discount off the P&O price I was quoted. I was also inside the time limit so I also got Portunus OBC and free parking for Southampton.

I am thinking of booking a cruise for next year whilst onboard this June and hope to get the same deals.

Feebee_71 :)

What are the time limits you mention?

For the 2008-2009 brochure cruises the time limit was to book before the 31st August.

Thi syear it is to have booked by the 30th June. If you do you get free car parking at Southampton (not sure if they are doing the free Eavesway coaches as they did last year) and also you get Portunus member OBC at the following rates...............

Portunus Club Members - FREE Onboard Credit

5-7nts = £25pp

8-12nts = £50pp

13-17nts = £75pp

18-22nts = £100pp

23-27nts = £125pp

28-34nts = £150pp

OBC applies to first 2 passengers in each cabin & at least one passenger must be a Portunus member. Must also be an "active" member of the Portunus Club (i.e. cruised with P&O in the past 3 years)

I hope that info helps.

Feebee_71

We didn't book our next cruise on board, as we were still deciding which ship and when. So less than 3 weeks after disembarkation we booked our next cruise direct. When I asked about obc the girl said I was out of time by 2 days:( Yet the cruise I've booked is advertised in travel agents with obc:rolleyes: I've written to P & O and they say they are looking into it. Both myself and partner are Portunus members. So my question is how long from disembarkation to booking another cruise do we get to avail of obc? Obviously less than 3 weeks is too long:mad:

We didn't book our next cruise on board, as we were still deciding which ship and when. So less than 3 weeks after disembarkation we booked our next cruise direct. When I asked about obc the girl said I was out of time by 2 days:( Yet the cruise I've booked is advertised in travel agents with obc:rolleyes: I've written to P & O and they say they are looking into it. Both myself and partner are Portunus members. So my question is how long from disembarkation to booking another cruise do we get to avail of obc? Obviously less than 3 weeks is too long:mad:

CCrystal,

If you book a future cruise while onboard you get some OBC specifically linked to being onoard - this is not back datable if you decide to book after getting home.

Last year P&O were offering OBC and free parking/coach trave with Eavesway if you were an active Portunus member and booked your cruise before August 31st. I guess you booked early in September?

We had a similar situation last year where the cruise we were booked on was offered with over £300 OBC for the dates we had booked and at a comparable price (this was 6 months after we booked the cruise and about 6 months before sailing). We complained to P&O who looked into it and then said they felt we had benefitted from the fact that when we booked the child fare was 30% of the adult fare and at the time of the offer it was 70%, Therefore we would not benefit from any additional OBC as a result.

Beware that they might not offer you anything after looking into your case.

Feebee_71 :)

Last year we booked on board for this we each got £50 OBC which only the 'Future cruise' desk can give you while on board you can then get this when you get home. But you can transfer your booking to an agent when you get homw and get any benefits they are offering. We had our booking transfered on board straight to our regular agent ( Bolsover Cruise Club)

HOWEVER

We also qualified for the P&O offer of OBC and free carparking. This too was arranged by the future cruise desk.

I think you may be confusing the OBC offer ( along with free carparking) that P&O gave if you booked before 31st August 2007 and the OBC given by the Future Cruise Desk on board.

Yes but its cheaper to book with an agent. Example, we are saving £200 each, although we can't get the OBC because we are not sailing until September this year on the first one. But booking through an agent, means we save anyway.

Archived