Hotel day passes

Laurab23

Are there any hotels on St Thomas or St. John that allow the use of their facilities for the day for a nominal fee? I'm looking for somewhere to spend the day that would have a nice beach and a pool. Thanks.

Laura

Hello Laura,

(For St. Thomas) Some resorts say sure you can use the property (like Emerald Beach Resort). Most say you can use the beach, restaurants, bars, shops, walk around but can not use the pool or amenities intended for guest, however often if you are buying drinks at the beach or pool side bar or eating at the restaurant you are overlooked. As for beach chairs, some resorts have beach attendents that check like Secret Harbor Resort and I think Morningstar Resort so you would have to pay a few dollars to use the chairs as a non-guest.

--Islander

Thanks,Islander. I think when we get to St Thomas we'll ask a taxi driver for his ideas alos. They also seem to know everything. Where ever we go,I'm sure we'll be spending money on food and drink,so that should be no problem. We liked the look of limetree beach last time. They had a nice pool. Do you think they would let us stay there for the day? We will be in St. Thomas in May,2005.

Laura

Hello Laura,

Limetree beach is the location of the Bluebeards Beach Club Time Share... they do have a nice little pool. The beach itself is pretty but the water area is rocky. I don't see a problem with going there. Not sure if the restaurant there is always open; so would be something to look into if you decide on Limetree.

--Islander

Thanks Islander. Do you have the phone number for there? Where else would you reccomend that would have a beach and pool and not be too crowed? If you could give me their phone numbers also. Thank you,thank you,thank you!!!

Laura

Hello Laura,

Emerald I have called before and they have said sure to day users of pool and grounds. The other two I have never called to ask. Secret Harbor I know charges for chair usage to non-guest. All beaches can be accessed without asking... the asking would be about the pool. Secret Harbor's pool is away from the beach and I know the sign (like all the resorts) says for guest only... they have a nice restaurant and bar on the beach. I mentioned Secret Harbor because its usually a quieter beach... forgot about your request for a pool - they likely won't allow non-guest to use the pool, as its accross the street from the beach, up the stairs by the hotel rooms. Emerald's pool is sort of by the bar and beach and Bluebeard's Beach Club's pool is close to the beach.

--Islander

I was wondering the same thing myself. When we've visited St. Thomas in the past, I was always with adults. This time (January 2005), we're bringing our 2 boys (ages 7 and 4).

I think the boys would have more fun at a resort where there is a pool and the beach. Also, it would be easier for us.

I'd be interested to see some of the responses.

Yvonne

Can you still get in at the Ritz? When we were scheduled to dock in St. Thomas last March (the cancelled Millenium cruise), I had contacted Keisha Registre at the Ritz and she said they did allow day guests for a cost of $20 a couple. Since we had to schedule another cruise quickly to replace the Millenium, we ended up on the Legend and did a different itinerary altogether. We are on the Caribbean Princess and due to arrive in St. Thomas on Tuesday and planned on heading over to the Ritz.

Thanks for your help.

Linda

Here is a repost from a similar topic:

You can use the beach at Ritz for free as all beaches in the VI are public. The property around the beach, the land, can be and in most cases is privately owned. Beaches with resorts on them either allow non-guests to use their main road to get to the beach or they have a public road access. The Ritz has a public road access just passed their main entrance; there are a few parking spots at the end of the road. The beach you access immediately is Bluebeards Beach the location of the Ritz villas and a short walk to the smaller Ritz beach in front of the resort itself.

Most of the resorts in the USVI do not promote/allow non-guests to use their facilities with the exception of bars/restaurants, paying to rent chairs or renting watersports equip. and perhaps paying to use the tennis courts. This includes the Ritz, Marriott, Wyndham, Westin, Secret Harbor...

Now whether they (security guards, staff, beach attendants...) can tell you aren't a guest and whether they question you is another question.

--Islander

Archived