Does Princess charge you a fee if you transfer\change from one TA to Another?

Sandytoes

I am having headaches with my TA.

He just sent me an e-mail stating fuel charges. Increasing my fare.

When I booked the cruise, back in Nov, he included it in the price. However, it's not stated on my bill.

The other TA is offering the same cruise, cabin for $250 lower with $100 Onboard Credit.

If I transfer my TA charges $75 p\p change fee.

Wondering if Princess charges a fee if I transfer\change my booking to another agency? :confused:

No Princess doesn't charge to transfer your booking. I've transfered two in the past year. I simply faxed Princess requesting them to release booking #_______ from (Old TA name and phone number) to (New TA name and phone number) and included my name, captains circle number. It was transferred within a day. This may not prevent you old TA from charging you a fee.

Princess doesnt charge but the TA might. Some agents will charge for cancellation. He/she did the work and is losing the commision. Ask the new agent what their charges are.

The agency that you are going to now-- is the price including the fuel charge?

This is great - Princess not charging for transferring cruise.

Now, how do I go about it?

What are the right steps to take without losing my cabin? As you can tell, this is the first time I ever did this and I'm a little nervous.

Do I first contact the new TA and tell them I want them to take over my cruise, giving them my booking number, cruise info, cabin number? Then do I contact my original TA and tell him who I am transferring the booking over to?

Then Fax Princess? Does anybody have their fax number?

Thanks for all your help...Chris

----

serene56 - yes, the fuel charge is showing on their website. So did my original booking. When I received my booking receipt I automatically assumed it was calculated in the tax\fee amount....:rolleyes: not thinking twice about it, because when my TA quoted me my fare he stated it.

As for charges, the new TA is a lot lower.

This is great - Princess not charging for transferring cruise.

Now, how do I go about it?

If you have decided to make the switch call the NEW TA and tell them what you want to do. They will be able to give you all the information you need to make a smooth transition.

What are the right steps to take without losing my cabin? As you can tell, this is the first time I ever did this and I'm a little nervous.

Do I first contact the new TA and tell them I want them to take over my cruise, giving them my booking number, cruise info, cabin number? Then do I contact my original TA and tell him who I am transferring the booking over to?

Then Fax Princess? Does anybody have their fax number?

Thanks for all your help...Chris

----

serene56 - yes, the fuel charge is showing on their website. So did my original booking. When I received my booking receipt I automatically assumed it was calculated in the tax\fee amount....:rolleyes: not thinking twice about it, because when my TA quoted me my fare he stated it.

As for charges, the new TA is a lot lower.

You can call the agent and let them know what you are doing.

call the old agent and tell them what you are doing..

then do a three way calling to get everyone on the same page--- that way nothing is lost.. and get it all in writing.

Just got off the phone with the TA that I was interested in booking with.

They told me they do not do transfers from one TA (cruise brokers) to another. It's not worth their time. :rolleyes: However, they would do it if it was from a cruise line.

So I guess I'll just stick with my original TA and never book with them again.

Lesson learned. Sometimes service out weighs the price....:rolleyes:

Thanks for the follow up, what about cancelling and rebooking with the new TA? :)

I would but I do not want to loss my stateroom.

Plus, I wasn't to trilled in the way the TA spoke to me over the phone.

When I asked her "Why isn't it worth your time to transfer the cruise? You are willing to give up making commission on my cruise?" She seemed a little snippy and replied, "Yes, it's just the way it is. Too much of a headache to take over a booked cruise. Too much paper work". :cool:

Now, I have to fight with my original TA because he wants me to pay for fuel charges, even though he quoted my fare with port \ tax \ fee \ fuel surcharges in one lump sum. But his new bill shows it separate....:rolleyes:

Just to let you know how irate I am over my TA, a few months ago the fare went down and they wouldn't honor the adjustment without charging me for it. It would have cost me more for the change....:mad: Last time I'll do business with them.

I would but I do not want to loss my stateroom.

Plus, I wasn't to trilled in the way the TA spoke to me over the phone.

When I asked her "Why isn't it worth your time to transfer the cruise? You are willing to give up making commission on my cruise?" She seemed a little snippy and replied, "Yes, it's just the way it is. Too much of a headache to take over a booked cruise. Too much paper work". :cool:

Now, I have to fight with my original TA because he wants me to pay for fuel charges, even though he quoted my fare with port \ tax \ fee \ fuel surcharges in one lump sum. But his new bill shows it separate....:rolleyes:

Just to let you know how irate I am over my TA, a few months ago the fare went down and they wouldn't honor the adjustment without charging me for it. It would have cost me more for the change....:mad: Last time I'll do business with them.

Well stay on em, this fuel thing is a pain but its here to stay unfortunatley. :)

Archived