video game hook up on TV

czexrus

Does anyone know if you can hook up video game systems to the TV;s in the cabins on the Inspiration? I was most interested in the Wii gaming system. I was just thinking if we get any rainy days to have something to occupy the children.

Thankyou.

I believe you can. But you are on vacation.... Leave the Wii at home. There

is so much to do on the ship , even during raining days. Maybe bring a

handheld DS might be much easier that bringing a WII and cd, etc, etc.

There lots to do on raining days for the kids. If you are truly taking it

for raining days.... Don't think that it would be justified.

I was just about to say... For Christ sake, you are on vacation, If you can't leave your video games at home for one week, cancel the cruise and save the money and use it to buy more games.

I don't mean to be rude, but get real... taking a Wii on your curise is just plain dumb. They have video arcades on the ships, pools, vollyball, basket ball, putt putt golf, shuffle boardd, track, a gym. why take a video game with all the live action on board?

Does anyone know if you can hook up video game systems to the TV;s in the cabins on the Inspiration? I was most interested in the Wii gaming system. I was just thinking if we get any rainy days to have something to occupy the children.

Thankyou.

The answer to your question is Yes. I'm not a gamer myself, but that is information I learned just yesterday from the very informative post by Host Mach, who recently sailed on Carnival Inspiration. He even has a link to some helpful photos he took (including the AV hookups on the cabin TVs).

I fully understand that when a family is doing a cruise vacation, not all family members may be as excited as others (and some might hate the idea from the get-go), as it pulls them away from their comfort zone. Kudos to you for anticipating this, but hopefully you'll not even have to consider hooking up the electronics, as the entire family may be having such a grand time onboard that a brand new comfort zone is created. Bon Voyage!! :)

Now, seriously, folks. . . how hard was that??

And also to let you know you can get a converter at mos walmarts or radio shacks for about 10-15$ that will convert from the RCA outputs of vifdeogame sysytems to a Coaxial output that you can use in hotels etc. that dont offer RCA inputs. I use it all the time when traveling

Thank you folks!!!

I'm traveling with a 7,9,13,15, and 18 year old. I like what you said about "comfort zones." I think that is more like it. They will not be in the cabin playing video games but i just wanted to be prepared.

Thanks again for your helpful advice.

Please don't let the rude answers stop you from doing what you have planned. I am bringing a system for my older teens, when we are getting ready for dinner or whatever, if they feel like playing they can. It is to them what a video poker machine is to me :D And it really will no way infringe on our vacation or anyone elses for that matter. I am sure my kids will not be hooked to them 24/7 but rather as a break form all the other fun activity's we have planned.

PS One more thing ....I see alot of folks playing cards on board, should they have left those home too. They could have easliy played cards at home!

Thankyou.

Yep... you sure can and here's the pics that detail the location of the inputs...

IMG_0570.jpg

IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg

IMG_0539.jpg

The audio inputs are on the bottom of the TV. If you use the analog video input (the yellow one...) use the first set of audio jacks... You can change the input source from the remote.

Here's two links to the entire set of pictures:

http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff313/mach_man/Inspiration/

http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff313/mach_man/Inspiration%202/

Thank you folks!!!

I'm traveling with a 7,9,13,15, and 18 year old. I like what you said about "comfort zones." I think that is more like it. They will not be in the cabin playing video games but i just wanted to be prepared.

Thanks again for your helpful advice.

IF it rains == the camps will keep your kids occupied.

for the older teens-- make sure they head to the first meeting the first night to meet the kids onboard. (they all will be in different camps.

2-5

6-8

9-11

12-14

15-17

cabins are not real big so cant imagine playing a Wii in one. Kids will surprise you - as the only time we saw our kids was at dinner and bedtime

I just don't see the sense in taking a gaming system. I take a book, never open it, I take a mp3 player, never play it, took hand held games once, never touched them, neither did my dd.

to me it is a waste of luggage space. Plus, if sent through checked luggage could be conviscated, and cause delays in boarding the ship as it would look like a home made bomb on the scanners.

If carried on, you are just holding up th people in line behind you wanting to go through security.

But, THAT IS MY OPINION. Do what you want, but if it is taken from you, don't say you were not warned.

I would not ever put stuff like that in my checked luggage. Anything of value should be carried onboard.

We also take our laptop- good for uploading my photos before I lose them

I dont see how taking a game system would hold up the line anymore then taking an alarm clock

Please don't let the rude answers stop you from doing what you have planned. I am bringing a system for my older teens, when we are getting ready for dinner or whatever, if they feel like playing they can. It is to them what a video poker machine is to me :D And it really will no way infringe on our vacation or anyone elses for that matter. I am sure my kids will not be hooked to them 24/7 but rather as a break form all the other fun activity's we have planned.

PS One more thing ....I see alot of folks playing cards on board, should they have left those home too. They could have easliy played cards at home!

Great points. I'll add some more. My kids don't like every Camp Carnival activity. Some are better than others. There's also time for anyone to decompress. But this wouldn't be cruisecritic without some telling others what to leave at home and what they are better off doing. :rolleyes:

Great points. I'll add some more. My kids don't like every Camp Carnival activity. Some are better than others. There's also time for anyone to decompress. But this wouldn't be cruisecritic without some telling others what to leave at home and what they are better off doing. :rolleyes:

So very true! It is relaxing for them to chill for awhile in front of the video game, maybe while we are enjoying a drink on the balcony (with smuggled alcohol ) lol

LOL That is sooo true :D

If your kid is happy bringing their game system, bring it. We always brought whatever hand held games they had. gameboys, psp etc. They played them at night before they went to bed when they were little (back then it was just gameboy and sega) Never have I had an issue with security holding up the line examining a gameboy...lol

To heck with the kids im bringing my xbox360 for me!!!!!!!!

it can help me get to sleep and godforbid i get sick or noro and are isolated id have something to do if i never use it i carried 10 extra pounds on board but i'd miss it more if i needed it

Archived