Sunset Beach in Montego Bay

allgeeteredup

Does anyone have any comments on what is at Sunset Beach? I have heard really good comments but can't find the thread. If you could just answer a few questions I would appreciate it. Does any taxi take you there or do you have to go to a specific place to catch one. Also, is Sunset Beach all inclusive. What activities are at sunset beach, i.e., jet skis, snorkel equipment, any other activities. Also, is this the beach with the waterpark and is it included. I know there are more questions I can come up with but if you could just give your comments on what you did and if you had fun.

All comments are greatly appreciated. :D

If you look on the Jamaica port of call board (where this thread will probably get moved) you will find lots of info. We were there two weeks ago, just grabbed a cab from the port, which I think was $14 or so. Sunset Beach is all inclusive, $40 for adults $20 for kids. Yes, they have the "water park" there, no extra charge - really it is just some very nice pools with a few large water slides and lazy river. There is a castle and a pirate ship in the middle of the pools also. My kids had a REALLY good time there. The beach is nice, but not fabulous. The water toys (kayaks, paddle boats, snorkel stuff, etc) are included in the price. The food and beverages are also included - my kids loved the burgers and fries, and my daughter had about a million strawberry smoothies. Alcohol also included, and the beach bartender makes STRONG drinks, so beware, lol. Have fun.... my family wants to spend a whole week at Sunset Beach after being there for the day!!

Hi,

We were there at the end of February and had a wonderful time. The cab fare was 3.00 per person for us. It is soclose to the ship. It was all inclusive and we had breakfast and lunch there. The food was really good. The drinks were great too. We really enjoyed the water rides and the water park. It cost us 40.00 per adult for the day. Enjoy yourselves!!!!;)

Does anyone have any comments on what is at Sunset Beach? I have heard really good comments but can't find the thread. If you could just answer a few questions I would appreciate it. Does any taxi take you there or do you have to go to a specific place to catch one. Also, is Sunset Beach all inclusive. What activities are at sunset beach, i.e., jet skis, snorkel equipment, any other activities. Also, is this the beach with the waterpark and is it included. I know there are more questions I can come up with but if you could just give your comments on what you did and if you had fun.

All comments are greatly appreciated. :D

Here's the thread...Mr. Kash was able to aquire to spa prices.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=666727

Hi,

. . . we had breakfast and lunch there. The food was really good.

We will be there in two weeks. We went once before but only had lunch. Never thought about breakfast. Do they serve breakfast in the main dining area by the lawn where they serve lunch? What do they have for breakfast?

Thanks,

Bruce

We will be there in two weeks. We went once before but only had lunch. Never thought about breakfast. Do they serve breakfast in the main dining area by the lawn where they serve lunch? What do they have for breakfast?

Thanks,

Bruce

They served omelettes, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast toast, and some kind of jamaican potato cakes. And of couse coffee, juices, tea etc.

If you look on the Jamaica port of call board (where this thread will probably get moved) you will find lots of info. We were there two weeks ago, just grabbed a cab from the port, which I think was $14 or so. Sunset Beach is all inclusive, $40 for adults $20 for kids. Yes, they have the "water park" there, no extra charge - really it is just some very nice pools with a few large water slides and lazy river. There is a castle and a pirate ship in the middle of the pools also. My kids had a REALLY good time there. The beach is nice, but not fabulous. The water toys (kayaks, paddle boats, snorkel stuff, etc) are included in the price. The food and beverages are also included - my kids loved the burgers and fries, and my daughter had about a million strawberry smoothies. Alcohol also included, and the beach bartender makes STRONG drinks, so beware, lol. Have fun.... my family wants to spend a whole week at Sunset Beach after being there for the day!!

The fare that you mentioned is this from Montego Bay port or Ocho Rios cruise port?

I love love love this place!! We actually went probably 3 years ago.. they were just building the waterpark area..

We are looking at going back to Mo Bay and I think we will go back here.. My 10 yr old daughter loves the Jerk Chicken!

forgot to add.. in addition to the water park, paddle boats, kayaks and snorkel gear.. they had 2 pools if I remember right, one of the pools was a swim up bar pool, there was a hot tub.. and a ping pong table too.. if they still have this.. the beach isnt great but its nice..

we went when the prices were $20 for adults and $10 for kids, so it was a steal considering food and drinks are all included .. I remember there being hamburgers, fries and jerk chicken.. I think my youngest ate her weight in that jerk chicken! :D

We were just there on the 16th with the Carnival Conquest. We easily found a cab driver to take us the short distance to the beach and he gave us his card to call him when we were ready to leave. There were 9 of us and he charged $3 a person each way.

It was a cloudy day in Jamaica that day and it started raining as soon as we boarded the boat. The waves were a little rough and there were lots of rocks in the water. My 9yo had a great time on the slides and floating around the lazy river.

We still had a good time and had our fill on the free drinks. If you go, ask the bartender for the "James Bond". The price was $40 adult and $20 for my 9yo. We ate at the grill, burgers, fries and really good jerk chicken. If you go, say hello to Noris. He sells woodcarvings by the grill area.

Have a good time!!

After spending the day at Sunset, my family of six was polled as to whether they'd prefer staying at the resort for a week or be on the cruise ship for a week.

We loved Sunset, believe me. But the vote was 6-0 for the cruise ship. One day of hanging on the beach and doing all the stuff there was enough ... would have been bored stiff with two. Give me the ship and different ports any time!

(I know, there are lots of threads about all-inclusives vs. ships) ...

bottom line, Sunset beach is great. Go there, and enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

We absolutely loved it!

It had good food and good fun. The drinks were not watered down in the least! They were so good! Each of my family members got their $40 worth of Alcohol out of them!

DS loved it. The water slide is awesome. You can see the ship from the top. The lazy river was awesome! The beach was awesome! We found some almond trees to stay under when we got tired of the sun. Everything was just wonderful!

I'm getting pictures developed and will share them when I get them back!

I've been trying to book this excursion online for my upcoming cruise, but it's not listed as an excursion. Just Sandals.

It's something we did on our own. You can't book it through Carnival. It's just a short cab ride to the resort but we felt very safe.

here's some pictures:

http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/563574167TSKUvY?vhost=outdoors

I was shocked! This was the info I got..

:eek:

DAY PASS

v Snacks from two Beach Grills

v Hospitality Room with Showers

v Non-Motorized Watersports Activities

v Unlimited use of Pool & Beach Facilities

v Full Buffet Lunch (Grande Palm Restaurant)

v Unlimited Beverages (Alcoholic/non-alcoholic)

¨ Waterslide

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

v Beach Towels are not Provided

v Day Pass valid 10:30am-5:30pm

v Picture ID is required on check in

v Access to Fitness Center & Kiddies Club not included in Package

COST

US$80.00 Per adult

US$40.00 Per child

SUBJECT TO CHANGE

I was shocked! This was the info I got..

:eek:

DAY PASS

v Snacks from two Beach Grills

v Hospitality Room with Showers

v Non-Motorized Watersports Activities

v Unlimited use of Pool & Beach Facilities

v Full Buffet Lunch (Grande Palm Restaurant)

v Unlimited Beverages (Alcoholic/non-alcoholic)

¨ Waterslide

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

v Beach Towels are not Provided

v Day Pass valid 10:30am-5:30pm

v Picture ID is required on check in

v Access to Fitness Center & Kiddies Club not included in Package

COST

US$80.00 Per adult

US$40.00 Per child

SUBJECT TO CHANGE

WOWZER!

That's a big price increase. It's sitll cheaper than Sandals through Carnival and you can't take kids on it.

Archived