Sunset Beach in Montego Bay

allgeeteredup

Hi - I'm wondering if the resort has a package for not eating or drinking, or one that doesn't include water activities. Our group has non-drinkers and older folks who won't want to play on water slides or use kayaks, etc.

Thanks!

Hi - I'm wondering if the resort has a package for not eating or drinking, or one that doesn't include water activities. Our group has non-drinkers and older folks who won't want to play on water slides or use kayaks, etc.

Thanks!

You might want to consider Doctor's Cave Bay. It's five dollars per person to get in and then it's ala carte after that. Beautiful beach, pale blue water and a great location. It's right next door to Margaritaville!!!

:)

You might want to consider Doctor's Cave Bay. It's five dollars per person to get in and then it's ala carte after that. Beautiful beach, pale blue water and a great location. It's right next door to Margaritaville!!!

:)

Great - thanks! Can you walk there safely?

Great - thanks! Can you walk there safely?

Yeah... you can... It's about two and a half miles down the Strip but you'd be better off taking a cab. They're very inexpensive and unless you know exactly where you're going the cab is the best bet...

This info is great and just what I wanted to know about for port stop next 4/09. we will be in Jamaica on our 2nd port which happens to be our 3rd Anniversary and are looking for a nice place to relax and enjoy the day away from the norm and celebrate the day/years...

Again thanx to all those that have posted pix and shared pricing info

We are planning to go there in October LOS, as I have posted before, but somebody in my group asked me a question, and I wasn't sure.

The Liberty doesn't get into Jamaica until 10:30. Now we all will be waiting to get off right when it docks, as I'm sure everybody else will to, but here is the question:

Since we are docking in late, is there a possibility that all of the lounge chairs will be taken? We have 13 in our group, and I'm sure that there will not be 13 chairs next to each other available, but will there be a good variety to choose from?

Thanks!

We are planning to go there in October LOS, as I have posted before, but somebody in my group asked me a question, and I wasn't sure.

The Liberty doesn't get into Jamaica until 10:30. Now we all will be waiting to get off right when it docks, as I'm sure everybody else will to, but here is the question:

Since we are docking in late, is there a possibility that all of the lounge chairs will be taken? We have 13 in our group, and I'm sure that there will not be 13 chairs next to each other available, but will there be a good variety to choose from?

Thanks!

Cot427 - Do you mean will there be lounge chairs before docking? I was on the Liberty (Western itinerary) last September in a group of 10 and we almost always found lounge chairs together or close together, especially on port days. The best places to find chairs together seemed to be on Deck 12 (above the solarium) and Deck 13 (near the front of the ship). On the day we went to Montego Bay, we were at the pool/lounge chairs before docking and after coming back from Margaritaville (early/mid afternoon).

Cot427 - Do you mean will there be lounge chairs before docking? I was on the Liberty (Western itinerary) last September in a group of 10 and we almost always found lounge chairs together or close together, especially on port days. The best places to find chairs together seemed to be on Deck 12 (above the solarium) and Deck 13 (near the front of the ship). On the day we went to Montego Bay, we were at the pool/lounge chairs before docking and after coming back from Margaritaville (early/mid afternoon).

No, no, no. I don't mean on the ship, I mean at Sunset Beach. That's why I posted it here, and not the RCI forum. But thanks anyways, that info is still helpful!

Thanks!

I was just there, we docked at 8 but took our time getting off and got to the resort around 11/11:30, and there were plenty of chairs to choose from. One thing I will suggest though is, if you want to float on the lazy river, bring your own tube. They had 2, maybe 3 tubes out and that was it, and the people that had them didn't let go of them.

I was just there, we docked at 8 but took our time getting off and got to the resort around 11/11:30, and there were plenty of chairs to choose from. One thing I will suggest though is, if you want to float on the lazy river, bring your own tube. They had 2, maybe 3 tubes out and that was it, and the people that had them didn't let go of them.

Thanks. I got a tip before to bring a few $1 floats for Labadee the day before, and I was planning on bringing them to Jamaica to Sunset Beach so we can use them at the beach and since you mentioned it, the lazy river. I will have to get a few of them then.

Thanks again!

Hi

i am new to this jamica board when you all talk about sunset beach is it the sunset beach resort and spa with the pirates paradise water park and use of everything at the resort including meals and drinks and paddle boards and snorkling? thanks for any info.

I hope I don't sound ignorant, but bing your own tubes? How exactly do you work that? :confused:

I hope I don't sound ignorant, but bing your own tubes? How exactly do you work that? :confused:

I don't know about the huge rafts that the have at the resort, but we plan on bringing the little tubes you get for a dollar at Wal-mart or the dollar store. They shouldn't take to long to blow up, and we will use them on back to back days, one in Labadee and then in Jamaica. The primary reason for us bringing them though was for Labadee, and then since we will be in Jamaica the following day, at the beach, we will use them again.

Yes, it's safe there. Obviously, you don't want to leave your wallet around, but most of the folks on the beach are scattered about ... it's not so crowded that you think "wow, someone could steal my stuff in all this traffic."

As far as bringing your own rings (tubes) for the lazy river, that's not a bad idea. I'd say there were 10 or so when we were there, and people would abandon them so then you'd grab one. But they aren't plentiful. If that's your thing, maybe bringing a cheap ring would be OK (more to carry). Personally, I'd say just hanging in the water is just as fun. We were there for several hours on our last trip and spent the first hour or so by the pool ... then went out to the beach.

I'd say you'll spend more time on the beach. Being by the pool and water slides seems like you are in a hotel somewhere. Being on the beach makes it seem as if you are in ... Jamaica. Know what I mean?

Archived