Private Island beach excursion in Belize?

Morcruisin4Fun

Okay, I have been to Belize and did the Goff's Caye Snorkeling excursion....this time around I was looking at the Private Island Beach Break. Is this a nice place to spend the day? I am not sure if we should go see Belize city or just head to a beach. Any thoughts?

I did this in Feb. The island is very nice...lots of chairs, some shade, bar & restaurant...nice way to spend the day. Although in my case it poured rain the entire 4 hours and we were all stuck there in the bar...the roof leaked, it was cool and I didn't feel like drinking, so it wasn't the best experience because of the weather, but I would try it again.

The waitress' will bring food and beverage right to your chairs which is nice. The beach is nice and i think they have a snorkeling tour there for $20. some went on that and had a good time.

Here's what I wrote in my Miracle review about our Private Island Beach Break excursion through Carnival:

We did a Carnival sponsored excursion, the Private Island Beach Break. We met at Mad Hatters lounge at 10:00 after breakfast at Horatio’s. They took us down to the tender, which took us straight to Bannister Island. The tour operators warned us that there probably wouldn’t be any chairs for about an hour until some of the groups that arrived before we did started leaving. They were right ~ no chairs available. We got our free rum punch from the bar, and sat down at a little pavilion with benches and started putting on our sunscreen. We were only there for about 15 or 20 minutes when people started leaving, so we were able to grab 5 chairs together in the second row of loungers. Bannister Island is nice, but not nearly as nice as Paradise Beach. We had a fun day, though. The water was nice and warm. We ate chicken strips that were pretty tasty, and we had no problems whatsoever. We had read about some food-related illnesses from cruise passengers that ate on Bannister Island, but they have addressed those issues, and everything was fine for us. Our boat came for us at 2:15. It’s about a 20 minute boat ride, and they stopped before we got to the Miracle so we could take a picture of the ship.

And a little more info:

Bannister Island has a covered outdoor restauant/bar with decent bar-type food (chicken fingers, burgers, nachos, hot dogs, bar-b-q chicken). There are clean restrooms. The beach is pretty nice, with lounge chairs, float mats, some shaded hut-type seating. The swimming area was calm the day we were there. Didn't see too many snorkelers, but maybe if you go on the other side of the dock. For an extra charge, you can rent kayaks or pedal boats. Wait-persons come around to your lounger and bring you drinks/food.

Good luck! :)

Archived