Laundry services

jhinjhin

We will be headed to Canada for a week after our Alaska cruise. Instead of bringing two weeks worth of clothes I'd like to get some wash done towards the end of the cruise. We did this in Europe last year. Has anyone used the laundry servces on NCL? Any idea of the prices?

Typically on Wednesday of your cruice they will give you a laundry bag that you can fill to the brim with all of your clothes. This is just for laundry washing, drying and pressing. No dry cleaning in the bag. If I remember it costs $20.00. You will get all of the clothes on Friday around 6pm. This was for a cruise that started on Sundays. :)

Your ship might also have self service laundry machines. Ours - the Jewel - did. I brought along a small bottle of Woolite and some dryer sheets and it worked well. I just threw the stuff in and came back later. No one touched our clothes.

I was about to ask what ship? If they do have laundry facilities this is great. When we did the Jewel North Atlantic crossing a few years ago, we had spent a week prior to sailing in Poland and London so really needed to use the free service. BTW other lines charge for the self washers and dryers. If the ship doen't offer self laundry the $20 per bag is a great deal. The bags don't look all that big but you would be amazed how much they hold.

Nita

Its the Pearl on the NCl line. I will contact them to see what they have. Either way I think it will work

Thanks

Yes, they have laundry facilities on the Pearl. Our roll call (5/4/08) mentions they are on deck 5, deck 9, and one other deck I can't remember. You should check it out; or NCL's website may show the laundry rooms. It's cheaper to bring your own soap. And it's better to wash early in the morning, before it gets crowded in there. And, don't go off and leave your stuff in the washer/dryer. Other people are waiting to use them and you need to empty as soon as they finish their cycle.

They are not coin operated. They are free! The only charge is for detergent - unless you bring your own. I used the ones on the Jewel - Deck 5 - there were 3 machines, not too big and three driers. They are the front load machines and were quite efficient and quick.

Are they coin operated? How much per load?

They have Tide that you can purchase and you will need four quarters. Some people use one box for two loads but I use only one/per load. As others have posted, there is no charge for the washer and dryers. The laundry area is located on three different decks.

Archived