Paper Documents vs. Electronic Documents

Luvmyfam3

Next month will be our first cruise since e-Docs became available and they're fine with us. I don't have to drive to the TA's office to pick up paper docs when they come in (I'm too impatient to wait for the TA to mail them) and I can save a copy of e-Docs on my PC in case the ones I print get messed up or lost before the trip. Getting the blue pouch with all the 'stuff' was always kind of neat (the whole 'doc dance' thing) but I like the e-Docs much better.

This is probably a silly question, but how do I know if I will be getting "hard copies" of the cruise documents mailed to me or just online documents that I have to print and download ? We sail on June 2nd on the Miracle.

If you don't specifically request paper docs you won't get them.

Go to https://mydocuments.carnival.com/ and fill in the boxes then follow the prompts.

Not you must have paid in full and you have to use Internet Explorer.

If you booked thru a TA, will you get paper or electronic tickets??

You can go online to CCL's web site and opt for electronic docs, even if you booked through a TA. You can also select paper docs which will go to your TA, as usual. It would be a good idea, if you select electronic, to notify your TA however so he/she doesn't start bugging CCL about your docs when they don't receive them. Our TA told me that CCL doesn't do any notification to TA's when the customer selects electronic.

Does anyone feel that they HAVE to have the paper documents from Carnival? Electronic sounds fine, but I was just wondering what the concensus is on this....:)

Thanks!

Even if you select paper docs, you can still go online and print the online docs. I had to go online to pring luggage tags, as they only send 3 with the paper docs.:confused:

.....the COST was good from the COmpany. Now granted, I booked my cruise only 67 days out and I asked if I would receive paper documents (I just love the little packets) and they told me that they had a deal with Carnival that it was e-docs only. To say the least I was hugely disappointed. Not enough never to use them again (the price was great), but now I can't do the doc-dance when I get my mail. I guess I can still do it when it is printing but it's just not the same.

:(

I am doing edocs for my September cruise because the paper docs are getting skimpy. It almost seems like half of what you got in the paper pack is gone now.

As for when you can print the paper docs, I don't sail until September and I have already downloaded the edocs. Naturally, they don't have much, but once you get in there you can get them anytime. So, a June sail date you can go there now and see everything. If you are doing cruise air, then I always keep checking to see what flights they booked me on. I'd go cruise only, but it isn't easy getting airfare as low as they can get it!!! Heck, I can't fly to Miami for less than $800, even on a seat sale!!!!

Archived