Is starboard that much better?

jmcop23

Hello everyone,

I am taking a northbound cruisetour on Princess to Alaska in June '05. I was told to get a room on the starboard side of the ship. My question is, is the view that much better than the port side? Will I be disappointed in the views if my room is on the port side? Thanks!!:)

Unfortunatly there's always the good with the bad............................

Starboard is grrrrrrrrrrreat going north, but until you get in the inside passage on the way back it's just sea. I have this dilemna next year, I don't know if we're sailing back down on the inside passage to Los Angeles so, guess I'll be spending alot of time uptop running from side to side with coffee and Bailey's in hand:cool:

We cruised to Alaska Northbound on the Star Princess in August, 2003. I was really disappointed that we ended up with a Port Side room because I had heard the same thing. As it turned out all the the really great wildlife sightings seemed to happen on our side of the ship. I was on my balcony watching as a whole pod of orcas swam by the ship.

Also, you do spend a lot of time out on the open decks looking at everything. Don't stress over port side - there is so much to see and it is so beautiful, you won't even give it another thought!

I have Alaska pictures posted on my webshots site (link below) on page 2 of my albums.

We are going to Alaska again next summer - I can't wait!!! This time we are doing a Southbound cruise on the Island Princess.

You're NOT going to have a great time........... You're going to have an AMAZING time:D I've done alot of the caribbean, and alaska is our all time favorite. We've talked some friends to going on our next cruise Sept 05, I can hardly wait til they see Alaska. It was a really hard sell to get them to agree, but they finally did. The only trouble we're having now is trying to figure out where to stay in L.A, as that is where our cruise ends (9 days). Any ideas?

We just did a southbound cruise, and were convinced we needed a port side cabin. There were VERY few times that this seemed to matter - both sides offered great views. It's unlikely that you will be in your cabin at the exact moment that the side of the ship you're on might make any difference anyway:)

Aft cabins get raves. :) So I'm sure you will have great scenic views. the neg with aft is marine wildlife- which the front of the ship is a must- you want to track the animals coming toward you- not going away. But consider spending time out on deck during your sailing expecially glacier day get to the front. :)

Archived