Why is voyage QM2 No M836 'fully' booked

navylark

The navylarks have been trying to book transatlantic on the QM2 voyage M836 departing Southampton Sept 21st 08.

It has been fully booked in all classes for a month or so - this is the only transatlantic trip that shows as 'fully' booked

It does seem surprising?

Has anyone any idea why?

Many thanks

Mr Navylark

Thanks pnhmrk, I had seen the Q1 availability - BUT? it is beyond the navylarks.

However I think you have hit the nail on the head so to speak.

Cunard are clearly 'blanking' out the simple transatlantic crossing to keep cabins available for anyone wishing to do the following M837 trip to Canada.

However if this is the case I feel it is a a frifle unfair - but I guess complaints will get us nowhere

Many thanks

Navylark

I have been on the "wait list" for this cruise for a while myself so I find this topic interesting. I looked on the Cunard site but am unable to find an 836A that combines 836 and 837. If this is the case, that makes me a little upset!

Since I am new to Cunard, where are you able to see the availability on the Cunard site?

Since I am new to Cunard, where are you able to see the availability on the Cunard site?

The important thing to learn is that there is more than one Cunard site. What Cunard does on either side of the Atlantic and the Pacific can (and usually are) quite different.

Go to www.anonymouse.org and use that to go to www.cunard.co.uk and then look for the cruise. If you don't use anonymouse or you don't go to the .co.uk site you'll be redirected back to the US site:)

Well, I logged in on anonymouse.org and saw the 836"A". So if several people are waiting to go on the cruise, why in the world won't they allow them to book???

Just so Cunard can possibly get some extra money booking the full 836A cruise for residents of the UK? (Nothing against you folks at all!)

If they don't open in soon, I will just book a different cruise with someone else.

They used to do this for QE2's transat, in January. But then in November they would be "fire" selling the open cabins. That is how I got a killer deal in 2006, Booked outside gty and got a C-2...

If you cannot hang with booking last minute (90 days) then you need to look at another date or go with a more rational cruise line....

Cunard is weird in that they like to sell some voyages to either U.K. or U.S. to me whoever is willing to book and has a valid Credit Card should get the booking. I met a former U.K. "Cunarder" who really wanted to do the 11 day Hawaii sailing on QM2. Cunard in its wisdom only wanted to sell this cruise to the U.S. customers. So he booked another cruiseline instead. Later Cunard was offering specials on this sailing.. Does that make any sense and they lost a customer perhaps forever...

Tom in Long Beach

So if several people are waiting to go on the cruise, why in the world won't they allow them to book???

It is a quite common procedure to restrict the selling of shorter segments of a cruise. The same is true for world cruises. Cunard holds cabins for passengers wishing to participate in the whole world cruise, than longer segments. If there is availability left closer to the cruise date more cabins for shorter segments might be sold.

This way Cunard avoids being stuck with cabins for parts of a cruise and potential passengers do not face the weird situation of being told something like "we have a cabin for you for the first x days, than you need to leave the ship for y days, than you can have a cabin for z days before you need to move to another one ....."

Archived