Rum Cakes on HAL or in Philipsburg ?????????

RDMOREU

Hello,

Our only Caribbean stop on our cruise will be at Sint Maarten and I realize it is not know for 'rum cakes' like Tortuga is famous for. However, does the HAL shop sell rum cakes onboard or does anyone know of a supplier in Philipsburg? Thanks for any help!

Not to worry - the cakes are sold on board the ships. They are sooooo delicious. I always pick up a couple either when I am on the ship or in Key West, or Grand Cayman. There is a website where you can order them from.

http://www.tortugarums.com/

I just clicked on the above web site and there are some devastating pictures of Grand Cayman after hurricane Ivan. That beautiful island has been destroyed. :( but the President of the Tortuga Rum Company said "Damage is extensive, but be assured, we will rebuild".

Oh, I also picked one up in Montego Bay right at the terminal but it looks like you are going to the Eastern Caribbean.

Last year on Volendam, we bought Cruzan rum cakes in one of the onboard shops. They were absolutely yummy! They had a gift pack of little cakes in Mango, Chocolate Coconut, Vanilla, Banana, Pineapple & Citrus flavors. I highly recommend them if you can find them onboard. Or you can order online at http://www.cruzanrum.com/merchandise/merchandise.html (scroll down to the bottom).

Happy cruising,

Susan

Is there a reason, other than the possibility of the cakes getting crushed in checked luggage?

Thanks,

Susan

Yes, I would also like to know the reason why? I have put them in my checked luggage flying back to Canada. Do they not allow this if you are flying in the US.? :confused:

Archived