Boarding from Redhook

first_timer2

We are going on princess cruise on July 10, 08. Ship leaves port at 5 pm. What is the earliest or latest we can board? What times are usually the quickest to get on ship without the long lines?

thank you all for your help since it is our first time

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad I happened upon this thread. The documentation that Princess sends (in addition to its online itinerary) states "New York, NY," which usually implies Manhattan. We're on the Caribbean Princess on 7/10/08, and I'm frankly a bit confused as to how you -apparently correctly- knew it leaves from Brooklyn?! We must have missed something after scouring the documentation... :confused:

I'm glad I happened upon this thread. The documentation that Princess sends (in addition to its online itinerary) states "New York, NY," which usually implies Manhattan. We're on the Caribbean Princess on 7/10/08, and I'm frankly a bit confused as to how you -apparently correctly- knew it leaves from Brooklyn?! We must have missed something after scouring the documentation... :confused:

the entire list of ships at both ports is at http://www.nycruise.com/sched_2008.html# under calender. Brooklyn is actual in New York City so NY NY works although most people think of manhattan as NY Ny after all its NY country....some Princess cruises do leave from Manhattan especially in the fall.

Got it; thank you! I'm slightly under "life-long" regarding my residency in Brooklyn, and have of course come across numerous arguments about how to classify it geographically/semantically/zone-wise/etc. However, my inquiry actually pertained to Princess' apparent lack of specification regarding from which of the two "NYC" ports the CB departs. In fact, I had just called them during my work hours, and the Princess rep had to check with two senior CSRs before coming back with confirmation of the departure location! How odd...

Archived