Reserve wine list

garardo

Your TA should have access to the reserve list. We got one, but it is old, just before the all inclusive was started. We were very satisfied with the wines served. My husband made friends with the steward, Wilson, and he had a few for us to choose from each evening once he knew what we liked. They were not always wine-of-the-evening, but were not at an extra cost either.

The reserve list changes, sometimes more than you might think, may vary from ship to ship and, as noted, what is on the list isn't always there. (That is not uncommon, though disappointing, in more and more places.)

I would not expect a TA to have a reserve wine list, no less a current one...for every ship...on Regent or any other line. With some effort your TA may be able to obtain a copy of a fairly current one, but they generally do not reside in cruise line home offices in a form that is passenger friendly.

This subject was discussed on the SS board. The list changes frequently as it is very difficult to keep fine wines on board a sea-going platform (vibration and motion). Also noted was the fact that the somelier has the ability to pick up selections on a port-by-port basis.

>>>>TA may be able to obtain a copy of a fairly current one,<<<<

Indeed! We knew the list was not in stone, but it gave us an idea of what to expect in terms of choice and price. We were booked on the Mariner and this was their list from a previous voyage.

• 3 weeks later...

We were interested in the wine list for our cruise on the PG in August. So I called Regent. I was sent the bar list first which did not list the wines. I called back and was emailed the complimentary and the reserve wine list for the PG. They were very nice both times and said that they have had this question before.

I was sent both the Complementary Wine list and the Reserve Wine list. The Complementary wine list is probably 2 pages long and the Reserve Wine list is an 11 page PDF file. I believe this is too much information to post here. If anyone wants me to forward the lists to them I would be glad to. They also sent the bar list. Just email me at adriennewilson410@yahoo.com. I will be out of town until late next week so it might be a while.

I was sent both the Complementary Wine list and the Reserve Wine list. The Complementary wine list is probably 2 pages long and the Reserve Wine list is an 11 page PDF file. I believe this is too much information to post here. If anyone wants me to forward the lists to them I would be glad to. They also sent the bar list. Just email me at adriennewilson410@yahoo.com. I will be out of town until late next week so it might be a while.

We'll wait until we're onboard to look at the wine list. Our post is in the coincidence department: Joe dated an Adrienne Wilson while in high school (Teaneck HS). When Adrienne went to college, she was at the same college as Joan (Wheaton College '68). Either a coincidence or a small world.

• 2 weeks later...

Having now seen the Reserve wine list (and the prices) I plan to pull a few gems out of the family cellar and bring them along. The included wines are good, it's just that as a professional wine judge, I normally drink wines I like more than what the ship offers.

Note that Regent always has backup complimentary wines if you don't like the evening's selection. The Australian reds are generally great values and superior, in my opinion, to the "official" complimentary wines. For example, I have had Peter Lehmann Shiraz, which has received 90 ratings consistently in the past, served instead of the evening's selected red wine.

We'll wait until we're onboard to look at the wine list. Our post is in the coincidence department: Joe dated an Adrienne Wilson while in high school (Teaneck HS). When Adrienne went to college, she was at the same college as Joan (Wheaton College '68). Either a coincidence or a small world.

Joan and Joe,

Sorry this reply took so long. I noticed it before I left on our trip then forgot about it. I am not the Adrienne Wilson from Teaneck. I never think of my first name as common but in fact there is another Adrienne Wilson in my area and we actually both go to the same family doctor practice. Small World.

Archived