Transfer from Ft Lauderdale to Port of Miami -- how early?

ohhbother

Hi all.

We're sailing Sunday on the Valor. We're arriving in Ft. Lauderdale Saturday for a Bon Jovi concert, so we'll be returning our rental car to the Ft. Lauderdale airport Sunday and catching the Carnival shuttle to the port.

My question is, how early do the transfer buses begin running? Since we'll already be in Ft. Lauderdale, I can go to the airport any time that morning. I want to get there as early as possible so we can get on the ship ASAP, but I don't want to get there too early and sit at the airport for hours either.

Help???

Out of curiousity, what rental car company are you using? Because you may want to check and see if they run a free shuttle from Miami airport to the port. Then you can drive the car down to Miami drop it off and Miami airport and then take their free and quick shuttle over. Also allows you a little more control over your time.

I know Dollar and Thrifty have the shuttle. This is what I usually do, fly into FLL rent a car to spend the day and then drop it at MIA the next day.

Just a suggestion.

Happy Cruising,

Laura

Hi all.

We're sailing Sunday on the Valor. We're arriving in Ft. Lauderdale Saturday for a Bon Jovi concert, so we'll be returning our rental car to the Ft. Lauderdale airport Sunday and catching the Carnival shuttle to the port.

My question is, how early do the transfer buses begin running? Since we'll already be in Ft. Lauderdale, I can go to the airport any time that morning. I want to get there as early as possible so we can get on the ship ASAP, but I don't want to get there too early and sit at the airport for hours either.

Help???

Might be cheaper and FASTER to return the car to Miami Airport and take a TAXI to the pier, or a FREE shuttle if available.

Yes, there's a Carnival shuttle from Ft Lauderdale to Miami.

We considered returning the rental car in Miami, but I really didn't want the hassle of driving into a large city.

If anybody has any ideas how early the Carnival transfers start, I'd love to know.

Thanks so much!

From what I have read the Carnival Transfers wait for arriving passengers and most likely you won't leave the airport until around 12 noon. It will be cheaper to return your rental car to Miami and take a shuttle or taxi to the port. You will be able to better manage your time instead of waiting for flights and passengers to arrive.

Archived