Any Baby items to carry on vs. put in checked luggage?

twopugs

I have read in a below post that thermometer creates security issues, so I plan to put it in our carry on bag vs. our checked luggage when we arrive at the ship. Anything else that we should do the same?

(bringing quite a bit of bottled water for baby but planned on having it in the checked luggage, also wondered about medications)

Why are you flying with bottled water? If you must bring it on board, it should be easy to pick some up before you board the ship. It's heavy and could leak. I suggest you not pack water in a checked bag.

Also not sure why one would bring a baby thermometer, you can tell if your child has a fever, but we all have our own comfort level. You can bring on prescription meds, but anything else that is liquid must be under three oz.

Carry on anything you think you will need on the flight. Bring more diapers then you think you may need.

I traveled last month with a thermometer in my carry on and had no issues going through security.

I would also travel with a few meds in my carry on (tylenol, etc) just in case. I would always say better safe than sorry when it comes to baby!

I also took A LOT of wipes in my carry on and a few more diapers than I thought I would need, just in case, and baggies to put stinky diapers in so that other passengers didn't have to smell them.

I breastfeed and I found that packing a very small pillow in my carry on was invaluable for that.

sorry for not being more specific.

I was asking about going through cruise ship security rather than airline security. We live in FL, so no need to fly.

I think it is a good idea to bring a thermometer, as most medications are only suggested for a certain temperature and up. Something very small and easy to carry along vs. having to take baby to the ships doctor.

As far as the bottled water, my concern was that they would take it b/c they sell water on the ship. I have been told you can take a "reasonable" amount. But between my drinking plenty extra water for nursing baby and using water to mix the occasional bottle for excursions or baby food, I think we would need 12-24 bottles.

I guess my quesiton was whether are better to just go to the porter/checked luggage or if I should carry them on explain if needed.

You should have no issues bringing a case of water on board, however most people do not realize that the water treatment on modern ships is the same or better than most bottled water.

One thing locally here that comes to mind was when I beleive it was Aquafina got busted for their bottled water. The bottles did say PWS as the source but did not readily disclose that it meant "public water source" - ie: tapwater. Pretty bad when people didn't know that they were paying for bottled tapwater.

At home we just use tap water, so not a big bottled water user.

I just thought it would be easier for excursions and such. I also read somewhere that cruise water tends to have more sodium b/c of the treatment process and people swell up. Not sure if that is true at all though. With all of the water I have to drink with nursing, I figured I would drink some cruise water and some bottled water so I don't swell up like a ballon.

Archived