How Early for Early Booking Fare?

AFAMILY

Does anybody know how early you have to book to qualify for the EBF? Is there a certain # of days after the sailings are first posted?

I'm asking because I just noticed the NE/Canada sailings for 2009 are posted and we may want to take one, but since we are going on a Bermuda sailing in just a few weeks we figured we would take advantage of the $100 cc for putting a $250 deposit down on a future cruise. If we wait to do that will it eventually wind up costing more? Anyone have any idea which is the best way to go with this?

Thanks for helping.

It used to be that way, but now everything is considered EBF. Some cruise lines on their brochures show both fares. On the old NCL fliers, about 3 years ago they also showed EBF pricing. I would book the cruise soon. The fuel charge goes up another $2.00 / day per person on May 1st. :)

I'm interested in the Aug 2009 sailings. The prices published look real good. Anyone know how long before the prices change?

On both of our cruises I initially got 2 catagory upgraded pricing when we made the original reservation. In both instances we also got price reductions BEFORE final payment was made. I always check the fares and when they dropped I called and they gave us the reduced fare. It was about $100 each time.

For a while the Bermuda cruise was showing almost $600 more than what we paid but that's come down a bit in the last week or 2. I think the prices tend to fluctuate depending on the sailing and availability I guess.

I'm interested in the Aug 2009 sailings. The prices published look real good. Anyone know how long before the prices change?

Never can say - supply and demand.

Agree with PP regarding most of the early booking stuff is upgrades.

Does anybody know how early you have to book to qualify for the EBF? Is there a certain # of days after the sailings are first posted?

I'm asking because I just noticed the NE/Canada sailings for 2009 are posted and we may want to take one, but since we are going on a Bermuda sailing in just a few weeks we figured we would take advantage of the $100 cc for putting a $250 deposit down on a future cruise. If we wait to do that will it eventually wind up costing more? Anyone have any idea which is the best way to go with this?

Thanks for helping.

We usually book at least a year in advance, not only for the rates but because you can select the cabin you want.

Have a great trip.:D

We usually book at least a year in advance, not only for the rates but because you can select the cabin you want.

Have a great trip.:D

We booked our first 2 cruises about 6 months in advance. Booking a year out does nothing for my need for instant gratification. :) I figured we'd get a great rate but that doesn't seem to be necessarily true. But as you stated, you do get your choice of cabins which is very important to us.

Happy Cruising!

Archived