Please tell me about Carnival

Iluvjo

Hi all,

DW and have been on 5 cruises all with Royal Caribbean and have loved them all.

This year we moved to Chesapeake,VA and are looking for a affordable cruise out of Norfolk in June. Canival Victory will be sailing on June 1st. and is very affordable for us considering we won't have to pay for airfare :D .

My question, really, for people who have sailed both RC and CCL in the past few years. Are they about the same? or, what is really different. I understand this a Carnival forum. I have read alot on Carnival forums and its about the same as RC any cruise is what you make of it.

Any tips on whats the best show,best bar,best food, etc.

Thanks all

Leo

Just back last week from my first carnival cruise on the Glory. I am a RCI platinum. We had a wonderful time. The only real difference I saw was what is offered for suites. Regular cabins on this ship were much bigger than RCI, but the largest suite was more like a junior suite. Also there are no extra perks or concierge lounge for suites, except for VIP boarding. If you do not require a suite Carnival gives you much more for the money. I thought everything else was comparable. Hope this helps.

We sailed on Victory out of Norfolk, and it was one of our most enjoyable cruises. Don't give credence to those that are cruise-line-loyalists and would never think of trying another line, especially if they've never tried another. We've done 11 on RCI and 6 on Celebrity. We're looking forward to our 6th on Carnival later this year. The answer is in your post. A cruise is what you make of it. You pick the ship and the itinerary, so you're in control of the environment. Choose the size and layout of the ship you think you'll like the best, and make sure it's going to ports that you think you'll enjoy the most. As far as the people on the ship..... they can be avoided if desired. It's all up to you. Enjoy your cruise! :)

Hello,

We have been on Navigator,Monarch,Explorer twice and Enchantment.

All were great ships! I must say, we liked the smaller ships Enchantment and Monarch better than the bigger ships. The smaller ships had better use of space, one example is the Explorer and Navigator have a huge 4 story mall in the middle of the ship. Which looks really cool and has many nice bars shops etc but, better space managment would make it maybe 2 stories tall. Monarch and Enchantment also, seemed to have better service.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Leo

Archived