Pacific Star Conversion

Star-Man

Hi guys, I know its been a while since i have been around here but ive been pretty busy with uni and also not particularly into cruising at the moment.

Anyways, i was just looking through some new photos of ship spotting.com and came across this photo

http://www.shipspotting.com/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=627198

What caught my eye was the white, blue and yellow of the ship in the background and sure enough, it is the star. Albeit with "puke-manturs" bright red funnel.

sacrilege I say! sacrilege!;)

Eh, i havnt been on one in nearly a year and a half and it doesnt look like i will be booking one soon.

When everyone else you know (including the GF and her family) are going on one and you arent, its easy to fall out of it :(

Eh, i havnt been on one in nearly a year and a half and it doesnt look like i will be booking one soon.

When everyone else you know (including the GF and her family) are going on one and you arent, its easy to fall out of it :(

I'd reeeaaally like to have sympathy for you....but...well....your signature makes it sound like Melbourne is an awful place to visit:eek: ...which it isn't:D ....so state rivalry forbids me from any form of sympathy:rolleyes: sorry....rules are rules.....;)

I'd reeeaaally like to have sympathy for you....but...well....your signature makes it sound like Melbourne is an awful place to visit:eek: ...which it isn't:D ....so state rivalry forbids me from any form of sympathy:rolleyes: sorry....rules are rules.....;)

Not at all. I love melbourne and im back down there in a few weeks (cant wait).

That trip was a disaster because of certain other reasons :rolleyes:

Hi Starman,

Good to see your still around.Hang in there ...you will heaps more cruises to come.dont get down ...its always darkest before the dawn.....just be patient.

col:)

Hi guys, I know its been a while since i have been around here but ive been pretty busy with uni and also not particularly into cruising at the moment.

Anyways, i was just looking through some new photos of ship spotting.com and came across this photo

http://www.shipspotting.com/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=627198

What caught my eye was the white, blue and yellow of the ship in the background and sure enough, it is the star. Albeit with "puke-manturs" bright red funnel.

What a state they've got poor Pacific Star in at the moment.

And if anyone's interested, the ship that's the actual subject of that photo was formerly Pacific Princess, one of the original Love Boat's.

What a state they've got poor Pacific Star in at the moment.

And if anyone's interested, the ship that's the actual subject of that photo was formerly Pacific Princess, one of the original Love Boat's.

I think P&O let her get to that state:rolleyes:

Hey Kim, wasnt the old Pacific Princess sold to Pulmantur? have they sold her now to this other company, and who are they:confused:

Chez

xx

I think P&O let her get to that state:rolleyes:

Hey Kim, wasnt the old Pacific Princess sold to Pulmantur? have they sold her now to this other company, and who are they:confused:

Chez

xx

No, she wasn't that rusty the last time we saw her!

Not sure about the other ship... Will have to ask Martin, 'twas him who told me that it was the former Pacific Princess.

Not sure about the other ship... Will have to ask Martin, 'twas him who told me that it was the former Pacific Princess.

Chez is right. Pulmantur did own her but she was called "Pacific", interesting to see she is gone because she was one of their more recent purchases. The old PP's sister, Island Princess is still cruising as Discovery as far as i know.

Archived