Lunchtime on Oriana during port days

tom_uk

My wife and I are booked on X806, the 4-night mini-cruise, at the end of May. We've never cruised on P&O before.

How likely is it that one of the main restaurants will be open for table-service lunches during this cruise? All the days on the cruise are port-days: Rotterdam on the Sunday, Zeebrugge on Monday & Guernsey on Tuesday. I was hoping that on one day at least (probably the Sunday) we could have a leisurely day and 'enjoy Oriana', and have a good lunch in one of the restaurants. Do P&O always have a plated, table-service lunch available in a restaurant, or do they just have buffet-only on port days?

The Peninsula restaurant is always open for waiter service lunch every day whether in port or not. The Orient restaurant is often used for speciality themed lunches, such as neptune (seafood) curry etc, run as a buffet.

For a light lunch there is also Tiffanys at the top of the atrium and the self service is always open. There are many options and don't forget afternoon tea in the Peninsular at 4pm.

Brian

My wife and I are booked on X806, the 4-night mini-cruise, at the end of May. We've never cruised on P&O before.

How likely is it that one of the main restaurants will be open for table-service lunches during this cruise? All the days on the cruise are port-days: Rotterdam on the Sunday, Zeebrugge on Monday & Guernsey on Tuesday. I was hoping that on one day at least (probably the Sunday) we could have a leisurely day and 'enjoy Oriana', and have a good lunch in one of the restaurants. Do P&O always have a plated, table-service lunch available in a restaurant, or do they just have buffet-only on port days?

Hi Tom,

Lunch is a treat on any P&O ship, there will always be a restaurant open and it will be full service, not plated. Lunches tend to be traditional, especially the afters with many old favourates, semolina, rice and jam, sponge puds, bread and butter puds and crumble. Of course you can get ice Cream and lighter things as well. For main course they do some excellent curries as well as fish & chips and a range of other goodies.

If we miss breakfast we can go for one of there lunches. Then of course sit in a chair and have a nap, you will need it:D:D

We manage one or two lunches in a weeks cruise, some people are in every day!!!!

:)Happy Cruising:)

:cool:

Dai

Brian, dai: thanks for your replies. That all sounds very good!

This cruise is only short - just four nights/three full days - and I think we may well be ashore all day at Zeebrugge (well, Bruges actually) and at Guernsey (assuming that we get off the ship at all). But Rotterdam sounds like a day to take it (fairly) easy: we may go for a stroll in the morning (must go and see the twisted houses), then back to the ship for lunch, then either the Marine Museum in the afternoon, or perhaps a harbour boat tour. Either way, an easy day. And being on second sitting for dinner means that we'll have time to digest lunch before we have to eat again.

tom

i can honestly say that when we where on her last year we went for lunch in the penninsular twice,believe me if you it all that then tea,dinner at 20:30 you might find it a bit to much.

i like my food but no-way could i eat all that every day(think of the waist line) don't for get you have to leave room for the beer and cocktail's

have a good one

Archived