Very Interesting Survey

AFT_LOVER

that I received yesterday. Asking credit cards, asking hotel in the past year, asked if we cruise, how many in the past year & then we are taken to Azmara questions. Then for the next 20 pages it as very much NCL with no formal nights, robes for balcony staterooms & suites, dinner whenever you want & where you want, making reservations for specialty restaurants, Resort casual etc. NCL was never named, but then they asked if I heard of CRUISE CRITIC. I almost fell over. If we chat on cruising, new cruisers are welcome, very friendly site or very jealous site. Then it asked what ports we would like to be included in cruising so I stated S Pacific, Australia & New Zealand or make both areas on 2 week cruise. Hawaii RT LA, CD, SF or SEA (2 week cruise), new Caribbean ports, etc.

Never heard of the site but it has quite a major money range of customers.

Answering an unsolicited questionaire is both a waste of your time and a possibility of identity theft.

Please don't allow that to happen to you. You will regret it for the rest of your life.

Use the delete key.

Just my $0.02.

Jim

• Administrators

Did anyone else receive this survey? If so, please send me a copy or link me over?

Thanks a bunch

Laura

:::very nosy when someone is asking about us:::

that I received yesterday. Asking credit cards, asking hotel in the past year, asked if we cruise, how many in the past year & then we are taken to Azmara questions. Then for the next 20 pages it as very much NCL with no formal nights, robes for balcony staterooms & suites, dinner whenever you want & where you want, making reservations for specialty restaurants, Resort casual etc. NCL was never named, but then they asked if I heard of CRUISE CRITIC. I almost fell over. If we chat on cruising, new cruisers are welcome, very friendly site or very jealous site. Then it asked what ports we would like to be included in cruising so I stated S Pacific, Australia & New Zealand or make both areas on 2 week cruise. Hawaii RT LA, CD, SF or SEA (2 week cruise), new Caribbean ports, etc.

Never heard of the site but it has quite a major money range of customers.

There are some serious Red Flags here! You say that you were asked about your credit card (NOT!) and about hotels during the past year NOT!).

Okay, here is one scenerio... I have your name, some information about your credit card, perhaps I know Visa or MC etc. even if I don't know the number, and what hotels you have stayed at over the past year, maybe even dates... uumm... uumm... I pick up the telephone, call the hotel you stayed at, make a reservation in your name... "yes, yes, I enjoyed your hotel when I was there earlier this year". "Credit card?" "Yes, I will use the same Visa that you have on file from my last visit."

Maybe the survey is legitimate, but you need to be careful about providing personal information. Be careful!

WinterSky

We should always be suspicious! But I want to point out that we cruised last week on the Gem and they did mention that they would do the survey by e-mail from now on. They that we leave e-mail address for those interested if NCL didn't have our e-mail already. I received the survey by e-mail but decided to only write directy to the link "market research blah blah....com" provided and I did my own comments. In case NCL are really interested!

~Jo~

There are some serious Red Flags here! You say that you were asked about your credit card (NOT!) and about hotels during the past year NOT!).

Okay, here is one scenerio... I have your name, some information about your credit card, perhaps I know Visa or MC etc. even if I don't know the number, and what hotels you have stayed at over the past year, maybe even dates... uumm... uumm... I pick up the telephone, call the hotel you stayed at, make a reservation in your name... "yes, yes, I enjoyed your hotel when I was there earlier this year". "Credit card?" "Yes, I will use the same Visa that you have on file from my last visit."

Maybe the survey is legitimate, but you need to be careful about providing personal information. Be careful!

WinterSky

OMG good would have never thought of that!!

OMG good would have never thought of that!!

One more step that was missing they would still need the actual card to check in.

Having taken similar surveys they are trying to find what type of customer you are. The don't ask the exact hotel but the chain you stayed in most recently, what kind of cards you carry not the card numbers, etc.

They get all your info, then they sell your info for you to reveive 'valuable offers just for you' because they know your likes and dislikes after you take their survey. You couldn't pay me to fill out a survey on anything. My recycling bin is already overpacked!:)

Archived