Setting sail during the safety drill?

Poxy

This past Monday I boarded the Fascination. The ship set sail during the safety drill. I was very disappointed. Is this common practice? When I was on the Legend a few years ago this did not happen.

it sems like it happens some times ....last febuary on the Elation we finished the Muster and got to our cabins about the time the ship left dock so we were still uptop for 99% of it,,,but i have read here that several people say it is hit and miss....

This past Monday I boarded the Fascination. The ship set sail during the safety drill. I was very disappointed. Is this common practice? When I was on the Legend a few years ago this did not happen.

Its hit or miss.

Im not sure what the determining factor is..maybe it has to do with when the last Carnival transfer arrives.:confused: Or it could just be when the Master decided to do it.

I my last 3 cruises we have started pulling away from the pier immediately after the muster drill. We barely had time to put our life jackets back in the cabin and get up on deck. My other 2 cruises were back in the 80's and I can't remember when we sailed.

Most cruises I have been on, we sailed immediately after the end of the muster drill.

Of all our cruises, this has been the norm. Just enough time to go back to your cabin, put the life jackets away, grab a drink and watch the sailaway. When we were on Spirit in Feb. we sailed out JUST as the muster was starting. So I guess it CAN happen sometimes. We stayed in San Diego 3 days pre cruise and rented a car and drove all over, and I really wanted to see where we went from the ship, so I was kind of upset, but what do you do? :confused: :(

as long as drill was held with in 24 to 36 hrs of sailing it was ok.. I remember a lot of times it was mid morning 1st full sea day. USCG, has changed for the better, with the exception of those nasty mae west vests

I hate it when they start moving before the drill ends. I feel like I got cheated out of my favorite part of the cruise.

Although I have to give Carnival "mad props" for changing the drill procedures. I love not having to wear that godawful albatross of a life vest the entire time like we used to.

Archived