Self Embark/Debarkation

sulala

I have read the info on Carnival's website but it says different ports allow self disembarkation. Does anyone know if San Diego's port allows us to carry our luggage onboard and off ourselves if it is within their regulations? Each time we have cruised before we sure wished we would have chosen self e/d. Anyone with experience let us know if it really is enough of a timesaver. Thanks!

Wennfred will have more detailed information. I seem to remember hearing something about the disembark process there.

On the carrying on your luggage, you should be able to as long as you only use carry on size luggage. Anything bigger wouldnt fit thru the xray machine so you have to check it.

I have read the info on Carnival's website but it says different ports allow self disembarkation. Does anyone know if San Diego's port allows us to carry our luggage onboard and off ourselves if it is within their regulations? Each time we have cruised before we sure wished we would have chosen self e/d. Anyone with experience let us know if it really is enough of a timesaver. Thanks!

When DF & DM cruised on Carnival Spirit they didn't have self debarkation. I believe the issue was that the Port of San Diego was worried about slip & falls on the ramp.

This may depend on the slip in which the ship moors.

As mentioned, Wennfred will have the definitive answer.

My friend sailed the Conquest a couple of months ago and she did the self debarkation. We plan to self debark but will have too many bags that are large to do it for embarkation. We also plan to take a duffle bag with bottles of water, green tea, soda, and whatever we can get away with. We are planning on Bloody Mary's on the balcony each morning.

Has anyone ever brought on their own tomato juice or did they just make their mix and bring it on with them?

Archived