Air Pacific Ltd.

Ricky Chan

Has anyone flown with Air Pacific Ltd. before? It is a Fiji airlines.

We are flying to Auckland, New Zealand from Vancouver, Canada and will fly back from Sydney, Australia early next year. The only cheap tickets I could find was this Airline which will cost me $1,800.00/per person. All the other airlines cost at least $2,400.00/per person, such a huge difference.

I am wondering if this Airline is reliable and reputable. :(

Any help will be appreciated.

Ricky

Has anyone flown with Air Pacific Ltd. before? It is a Fiji airlines.

We are flying to Auckland, New Zealand from Vancouver, Canada and will fly back from Sydney, Australia early next year. The only cheap tickets I could find was this Airline which will cost me $1,800.00/per person. All the other airlines cost at least $2,400.00/per person, such a huge difference.

I am wondering if this Airline is reliable and reputable. :(

Any help will be appreciated.

Ricky

Very decent airline. Decent food, free booze, lands in Fiji about 5:30AM.

If there is any possible way to book Vancouver to LAX, THEN Air Pacific to NZ and Australia, you may like your trip better. There are often specials from LAX. So if can find a cheapo from Vancouver to LAX, you may be ahead of the game.

From Vancouver, you will fly on a 737 to Fiji. From LAX, you fly on 747. The 737 is a relatively small aircraft for a 12 hour flight. And the entertainment on the 747 is individual seat back screens, so you get to pick your movies. The 737 has drop down from the ceiling monitors. The 747 also has 4 across seating in the middle section. If you pick an aisle and an aisle towards the back of the plane and leave the middle seats open, you MAY luck out and be able to sleep all the way to Fiji. Head to toe-one persons head at each aisle. It is doable.

Air Pacific also sells upgrades to business class at check in for between $500-750pp. Pretty good bargain.

If there is any possible way to book Vancouver to LAX, THEN Air Pacific to NZ and Australia, you may like your trip better. There are often specials from LAX. So if can find a cheapo from Vancouver to LAX, you may be ahead of the game.

From Vancouver, you will fly on a 737 to Fiji. From LAX, you fly on 747. The 737 is a relatively small aircraft for a 12 hour flight. And the entertainment on the 747 is individual seat back screens, so you get to pick your movies. The 737 has drop down from the ceiling monitors. The 747 also has 4 across seating in the middle section. If you pick an aisle and an aisle towards the back of the plane and leave the middle seats open, you MAY luck out and be able to sleep all the way to Fiji. Head to toe-one persons head at each aisle. It is doable.

Air Pacific also sells upgrades to business class at check in for between $500-750pp. Pretty good bargain.

Greatam:

Thanks for the response, I will do some more research according to your recommendation.

Ricky

Greatam:

I price that I found is flying from YVR to LAX with Alaska Airline. Then switch to Air Pacific using 747. But there will be a 10 1/2 hrs. layover in Nada, Fiji. I am wondering if it is o.k. to take a day trip and is it safe?

Return trip also have two stops, Nada and Honolulu, both short layovers.

I am wondering if it is worth saving of $1,000.00 but have to endure such long long flights both directions with two stopovers. I am not in greatest shape.

I can't purchase directly from this on-line agent beacuse it is a US company. Need help from my travel agent.

Ricky

The connection in Fiji may be of benefit....gives you a chance to get out of the aircraft, stretch your legs, get real food, and relax before you go back to your onboard seat.

You are going to have long flights no matter how you do it. Fiji is right on the great circle between LAX and SYD, so it really isn't "going out of the way". This just breaks it up. (Plus, you can do some sightseeing that day in Fiji -- firewalkers, anyone??)

Also, look into a flight from SEA to LAX, then onwards. Often much better, due to the lack of Canadian taxes on the flight out of YVR.

The connection in Fiji may be of benefit....gives you a chance to get out of the aircraft, stretch your legs, get real food, and relax before you go back to your onboard seat.

You are going to have long flights no matter how you do it. Fiji is right on the great circle between LAX and SYD, so it really isn't "going out of the way". This just breaks it up. (Plus, you can do some sightseeing that day in Fiji -- firewalkers, anyone??)

Also, look into a flight from SEA to LAX, then onwards. Often much better, due to the lack of Canadian taxes on the flight out of YVR.

FlyerTalker:

My concern is is this Airline reliable? Is it save to sightseeing in Nada? If everthing is o.k., it is hard not to fly with this Airline, A SAVING OF CLOSE TO $1,000.00. I just have to put my fingers cross. :D

Ricky

FlyerTalker:

My concern is is this Airline reliable? Is it save to sightseeing in Nada? If everthing is o.k., it is hard not to fly with this Airline, A SAVING OF CLOSE TO $1,000.00. I just have to put my fingers cross. :D

Ricky

Air Pacific is the NATIONAL CARRIER of FIJI. Owned by the Fiji government and Qantas. Sightseeing in downtown Nadi is eclectic. One side of the street is Jack's and other tourist shops, as well as shops owned by the Indian (from India) families. The Indian shops have absolutely fantastic beaded gowns and tops, suitable for formal night on the ship.

On the other side is the native Fijian shops. Jack's has some absolutely fantastic burned wood bowls. Make sure you go upstairs-the best stuff if up there. About 3 blocks north of Jack's is the native street market. There are ladies hand weaving baskets, purses and bowls from reeds. The bowls last forever and are very cheap.

http://www.jacksfiji.com/Home5.aspx

I spent 4 days at Club Fiji resort. You could always get a taxi there, eat on the beach and just enjoy and hang out. They have wind surfing and diving lessons. Owned by an ex pilot and his wife.

http://www.clubfiji-resort.com/activities.htm

Or a little further is Denarau Island. Lots of freebies (lunch, dinner, boat trip coupons, etc., etc) if you want to spend the time for a time share presentation. There is also a Sheraton, Radisson, Sofitel and Westin-great places for a drink and sitting at the beach. We went there one afternoon, just went to the beach bar at the Sheraton, bought a couple of drinks and hung out most of the afternoon. We also went another afternoon and took a boat trip to a couple of islands. For about $30.00, it was a very nice trip. On the water, lunch, the kava ceremony (it tastes REALLY nasty, but supposed to be good for the spirit), and snorkeling if you want. There are all kinds of ways to fill 10 hours. Airport to Denarau-about 35 minutes. Downtown and Club Fiji are closer.

You will be perfectly fine and just think, you will save $1000.00. Enjoy-Bula!!!!

Air Pacific is the NATIONAL CARRIER of FIJI. Owned by the Fiji government and Qantas. Sightseeing in downtown Nadi is eclectic. One side of the street is Jack's and other tourist shops, as well as shops owned by the Indian (from India) families. The Indian shops have absolutely fantastic beaded gowns and tops, suitable for formal night on the ship.

On the other side is the native Fijian shops. Jack's has some absolutely fantastic burned wood bowls. Make sure you go upstairs-the best stuff if up there. About 3 blocks north of Jack's is the native street market. There are ladies hand weaving baskets, purses and bowls from reeds. The bowls last forever and are very cheap.

http://www.jacksfiji.com/Home5.aspx

I spent 4 days at Club Fiji resort. You could always get a taxi there, eat on the beach and just enjoy and hang out. They have wind surfing and diving lessons. Owned by an ex pilot and his wife.

http://www.clubfiji-resort.com/activities.htm

Or a little further is Denarau Island. Lots of freebies (lunch, dinner, boat trip coupons, etc., etc) if you want to spend the time for a time share presentation. There is also a Sheraton, Radisson, Sofitel and Westin-great places for a drink and sitting at the beach. We went there one afternoon, just went to the beach bar at the Sheraton, bought a couple of drinks and hung out most of the afternoon. We also went another afternoon and took a boat trip to a couple of islands. For about $30.00, it was a very nice trip. On the water, lunch, the kava ceremony (it tastes REALLY nasty, but supposed to be good for the spirit), and snorkeling if you want. There are all kinds of ways to fill 10 hours. Airport to Denarau-about 35 minutes. Downtown and Club Fiji are closer.

You will be perfectly fine and just think, you will save $1000.00. Enjoy-Bula!!!!

Greatam:

Bula, thanks for the suggestions.

Ricky

Archived