Appalling Brilliance

cyukuk

Wow i am sorry to hear you had a bad experience. We did the 10 nite panama canal just before your cruise and it was excellent. We had early dining, had an excellent staff both for our room and dining service. We also talked to much of the staff and they were either getting off the ship and done with their jobs or staying on and couldnt wait to do Europe. Your trip doesnt even sound like the same staff we encountered. We loved our trip, hope your next one is better.

lovrccl, we were on the same cruise as you, and like you, had a wonderful time. (My review is here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=14317406) We were in late dining and would rank our dining experience as one of the top that we've ever had on a ship. I agree that the OP's cruise doesn't sound like the same that we had.

tally10 - what is it that puts Brilliance at the bottom of your list? As you can tell from my signature, we've been on a number of different ships. Your comments have us slightly, mind you I said "slightly" concerned. We just got off the Liberty. It wasn't our best cruise. It just wasn't our "style". A little too big. We might go back (if the price and location was right). We're looking forward to the stops while on the Brilliance. We're doing Greece, Turkey & Egypt. We don't usually look too close at the ship. We're more intertested in where we're going.

I haven't had time to read all of this and I don't havere time to go into great detail right now but a quick note - we were on this crossing and I cannot agree with the op. There were problems with the original set up of dining - yes - we had to wait nearly an hour along with many others to see the fellow about changing our tale as we did not like either the size of table nor the location. That was done without a problem.

As for the staff, we found our wait staff completely attentive and had no problems at all. We did eat in Chops one evening by choice and had no problem whatsoever getting a reservation at the time we desired.

I will write a comprehensive review as soon as I can but I can assure everyone this was an excellent cruise and the ship was in great shape.

We also had our CL package in our room on arrival.

tally10 - what is it that puts Brilliance at the bottom of your list? As you can tell from my signature, we've been on a number of different ships. Your comments have us slightly, mind you I said "slightly" concerned. We just got off the Liberty. It wasn't our best cruise. It just wasn't our "style". A little too big. We might go back (if the price and location was right). We're looking forward to the stops while on the Brilliance. We're doing Greece, Turkey & Egypt. We don't usually look too close at the ship. We're more intertested in where we're going.

Hi there. I just wrote a long synopsis on our Brilliance experience and then when I hit send, it disappeared into cyberspace. To start out, you can read our review on Cruise Critic for many of the details. I do think on a port intensive cruise, you will be fine. Our dining experience was poor. We were (this was before the "My Time" dining) on the 5th floor in the annex room next to the door and behind a pole. The waiter was extremely surly and was doing you a favor waiting on you. The assistant waiter was not much better. The food quality was poor. If you ordered any beef medium well or well done, the knife would not cut it. We had never had an experience such as this. Chops was wonderful and even the head waiter in Chops said that they were aware that there was a problem with the food in the dining room. The Windjammer was a little better sometimes. The entertainment was so-so except for the wonderful Marty Allen and karon Kate. No enrichment lectures, a first for a transatlantic for us and we have done four. Not nearly enough activities. Had a bad tour guide in (an RCCL tour)Tenerife, who insulted various ethnicities and had little knowledge of what she was showing us (and her English was poor). A bunch of us complained and guest relations had us put it in writing. On the last sea day, they refunded us $10 each. I was not impressed with the service in general, but our room steward was good. I honestly could not wait for this cruise to be over. Loved our CC friends and still correspond with several of them. They made the trip more fun. The Brilliance is a beautiful ship, but she just wasn't the ship for us. At least not on a transatlantic.

Archived