OT- Philly info needed

TNT

Hi TNT and ALL

Would you believe I live in Philly and have not visited most of the resturants mentioned! Or the museums. You tend to miss the beauty of the city you actually live in until you hear suggestions for other to see. This summer I am going to act as a tourist and explore my CITY!

Cheryl

Navigator of the Seas 5/29/04

Radiance to Hawaii 10/20/2002an_logo_1o_e0.gifpooh_bear_e0.gif

I lived in Philly for 7 years. If you're looking for excellent food, please avoid the chains. Walnut Street and Rittenhouse Square have some of the best restaurants in the world, as far as I'm concerned. I miss them terribly. Try Rouge (Rittenhouse Square), Fork (3rd and Market), Susanna Foo (excellent french chinese), Buddakhan (trendy asian fusion), Morimoto's (Iron Chef sushi place) -- I could go on and on. Don't waste your time at Roy's or Capital Grille. Brasserie Perrier is also very good. It's on Walnut Street.

For ice cream -- Scoop de Ville on 17th Street (north of Rittenhouse Square) -- you can get all kinds of stuff mixed in -- yummy!!

Sighsteeing -- If you like art, visit the Philadelphia Art Museum, the Rodin Museum and the Barnes. For history, there's Independence Hall, Constitution Center, Liberty Bell. There's also the US Mint, where you can take a tour to see how they make money -- it's pretty neat. You can also take a tour (I think they're free) of City Hall, which is the oldest municipal building in the country. It's a big, beautiful building.

There's just so much to eat, see and do in that wonderful city. I definitely have not listed anything close to everything. Have a fabulous time!!

flagirlcruiser - good suggestions for restaurants in Phila, but when someone else takes the time to answer a question like this and you don't agree with the post, please choose your words more carefully - I wasn't suggesting crappy restaurants that I thought would be a waste of time. She might not have a Roy's or Capital Grille in her area.

Archived