Private Island Tour Belize-New

ellenmb

We just came back from Belize and did the beach break. We were a family of 10 on the Miracle & thoroughly enjoyed the day. The weather was beautiful and the water turquoise & perfect. Would definitely recommend going. Had a playground for the kids also should that apply to you.

We just came back from Belize and did the beach break. We were a family of 10 on the Miracle & thoroughly enjoyed the day. The weather was beautiful and the water turquoise & perfect. Would definitely recommend going. Had a playground for the kids also should that apply to you.

Is it too small to get away from the crowd? or is there little pockets of quiet?

i did this tour last feb and it was great the island is small if your the only ship in port it will not be crowed at all and you can find a spot for yourself to relax and unwind . they run the tender from the ship to the island if you go on the first tender you come back on the first tender they dont let you stay all day i think the tour was 35.00 and they gave you a free dink

i did this tour last feb and it was great the island is small if your the only ship in port it will not be crowed at all and you can find a spot for yourself to relax and unwind . they run the tender from the ship to the island if you go on the first tender you come back on the first tender they dont let you stay all day i think the tour was 35.00 and they gave you a free dink

hmm..so you have to tender back to the ship; don't get to go to port? Or will there be enough time to do that too? how long do you stay there?..sry for all the questions..just don't want hub to be bored or wondering that we missed something great in Belize.

In March 2006, we did a Carnival sponsored excursion, the Private Island Beach Break on Bannister Island. The excursion left directly from the Carnival Miracle, took about a half hour to get to the Island. Stayed on the Island for about 4 hours. We had a fun time.

We met at Mad Hatters lounge at 10:00 after breakfast at Horatio’s. They took us down to the tender, which took us straight to Bannister Island. The tour operators warned us that there probably wouldn’t be any chairs for about an hour until some of the groups that arrived before we did started leaving. They were right ~ no chairs available. We got our free rum punch from the bar, and sat down at a little pavilion with benches and started putting on our sunscreen. We were only there for about 15 or 20 minutes when people started leaving, so we were able to grab 5 chairs together in the second row of loungers.

Bannister Island is nice, but not nearly as nice as Paradise Beach. We had a fun day, though. The water was nice and warm. Bannister Island has a covered outdoor restauant/bar with decent bar-type food (chicken fingers, burgers, nachos, hot dogs, bar-b-q chicken). There are clean restrooms. The beach is pretty nice, with lounge chairs, float mats, some shaded hut-type seating. The swimming area was calm the day we were there. For an extra charge, you can rent kayaks or pedal boats. Wait-persons come around to your lounger and bring you drinks/food. We ate chicken strips that were pretty tasty.

The tender boat came for us at 2:15. It’s about a 20 minute boat ride, and they stopped before we got to the Miracle so we could take a picture of the ship. We were back onboard the Miracle by around 2:45. We would have been able to go into port for around 45 minutes to an hour, because the last tender left Belize port at 4:00; Miracle sailed at 5:00. The tender into port takes around 20 – 30 minutes. We chose to go to the gym instead. Also, on our cruise, there was an earlier option for this same excursion that left the ship earlier and got back earlier. So, if you are interested in having time to go into Belize after the Private Island Beach Break, you could do that by taking the earlier excursion if it is still offered.

I think the kayak was $13 an hour last time i checked

The zodiac i dont know but must be much more expensive.

Thanks for the heads up, I think we are going to opt for the Cave Tubing with Major Tom!

LOL whats that all about! " a free dink" I'll pass thanks.

Archived