Voyager leaves Galveston

RCI needs to bring in one of their smaller ships and have year round cruising out of Galveston. It's pretty sad that they had all the fanfare for Voyager back in Dec but, then she's gone 4 months later not to return for 8 months. I think if RCI would take Texas, and the surrounding states, cruisers more seriously and offer more itineraries they'd see a good thing here. Just my $.023333445566960750.:D

There she goes!!! It has been wonderful having you in Texas!!!

Have a great stay in Europe but then "Hurry back-you hear!";)

We are all waiting.

Sandy[/quote

When the Voyager returns, she will be picking me up! :)

This was probably the worst day every for me in my cruising life. We had a wonderful disembark of the ship today, over 30 minutes ahead of schedule and the most friendly passengers (today anyways, yesterday was different) with a quick embarkation.

But then we had to say good bye to our ship friends. Even the security guards were misty eyed when we said good bye.

I'm getting teary just thinking about it. I hope they take of my ship in Barcelona and Joseph is there when it comes back.

This was probably the worst day every for me in my cruising life. We had a wonderful disembark of the ship today, over 30 minutes ahead of schedule and the most friendly passengers (today anyways, yesterday was different) with a quick embarkation.

But then we had to say good bye to our ship friends. Even the security guards were misty eyed when we said good bye.

I'm getting teary just thinking about it. I hope they take of my ship in Barcelona and Joseph is there when it comes back.

I'll bet it was sad for you guys!! I watched her pull out of port. Eight months is a long time for Galveston to be without a RCCL ship! I wish they had one there over the summer.

BTW...how did you get your job as a check-in agent in Galveston? Just curious!

Thanks for the pictures. GregD... a bittersweet moment.

It's still unfathomable to me that RCI has abandoned us for the next 8 months. :( I know the crew and staff LOVE the cruises out of Texas and I also know they're profitable... so what's up with your logic here, RCI Miami??? :confused:

So do you not have a job for 8 months? Were you hired as seasonal? That must be hard.

Thanks for the pictures. GregD... a bittersweet moment.

It's still unfathomable to me that RCI has abandoned us for the next 8 months. :( I know the crew and staff LOVE the cruises out of Texas and I also know they're profitable... so what's up with your logic here, RCI Miami??? :confused:

Me too!!

RCI needs to bring in one of their smaller ships and have year round cruising out of Galveston. It's pretty sad that they had all the fanfare for Voyager back in Dec but, then she's gone 4 months later not to return for 8 months. I think if RCI would take Texas, and the surrounding states, cruisers more seriously and offer more itineraries they'd see a good thing here. Just my $.023333445566960750.:D

I agree and I like your $00.02 worth!!!!:p

I loved the Splendour.

sandy

Archived