Boarding in BA

auntdot

I just checked the sail time for Infinity (BA to Santiago) and it is 9 PM; we have never sailed this late before! I think the ship is scheduled to arrive at 5 AM - so what time would they allow boarding? We will likely have to check out of our hotel by noon or so, and would need to plan our day until boarding time.

Thanks,

Dot

I hope we get some good answers on this one. I wonder if the late leaving time has something to do with the late arrival of many of the flights and the very short cruise to Montevideo.

From the reading that I have been doing, I get the impression that there are a few options.

At this point, I think that we are going to leave our bags at the hotel for the day and do some more touring. I suppose you could also do a private tour for the day and stow your luggage in the trunk. I don't think that I want to arrive at the ship much before 5pm (unless they tell me I have to be on board by then).

On our last trip, we met one of the couples on our St.P tour share and went to the Rembrandt House before we boarded the ship. It was great having a planned activity to help us kill the time before we could board and it was a fun way to meet some people we had been e-mailing for the past 7 months. With any luck, we will make similar plans for this trip.

Hi peregrina,

I went back to two reviews (SA on Infinity) and found some information...

CathyK2 was going in the opposite direction, but with a late sailing time too, I believe. Her documents said 2:00 PM boarding, but they went at 12:30 and got through promptly.

Dileep said they boarded at 3:30 in BA with a late sailing also.

We are doing the full day BA/San Isidro/Tigre Delta tour on Saturday, so will probably be happy to get a late start on boarding day! I'm sure the hotel will hold luggage in a security room until we need to get to the ship. Of course, if our roll call gets more active and there are any plans to meet, that's an option too!

Dot

Archived