Best Beach in Tortola?

omega228

Okay, now that we've established the roads are scary (I'm like that guy's wife - can't do it) are there any beaches near port that don't require an over mountain taxi ride?

Lol I am like you. Thanks to whoever posted those pics you just saved me alot of money. I cant do the mountains. I did them in Jamaica and I couldnt take it. Looks like I will be doing the baths:D

We were just there last week. It's not that bad...and I'm a major chicken when it comes to taxi driving on the islands (almost got killed in Antigua, on a flat roads...but that's another story!). The roads are steep, no doubt about that, but the views are amazing.

I was glad I didn't miss CGB. It's beautiful. And we had torrential down pours on the way back to the ship...lots of flooding in the streets. I just prayed twice as hard ;).

Enjoy!

Karen

• 3 months later...
Nichol's has restrooms but they are meant for patrons so buy a couple of beers or some food and you will be fine.

There used to be a couple of public restroom across from the beach but they were always very nasty, I'm not sure if they are still there or if they have been cleaned up.

:confused:Haven't seen this asked --- I am bringing my own mask.snokel and vest -

but would need to rent my "fins" - is this available at Brewer's Bay ?

:confused:Haven't seen this asked --- I am bringing my own mask.snokel and vest -

but would need to rent my "fins" - is this available at Brewer's Bay ?

There are places in Road Town near the ferry dock that rent gear - Dive Tortola at Prospect Reef comes to mind. I would rent from one of those places. Have fun - I will be doing the bareboat thing down there this year instead of a regular cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

I will be cruising with MSC next April and will be stopping in Tortola. Not sure how long we will be there, but it looks beautiful! This port definitely sounds like a beach stop!

Going to be researching over the next few months on what to do and how to do it. Dont think I want to book through the ship.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Has anybody been to Smuggler's Cove lately? Has the snorkling recovered since the hurricane? How much was the taxi ride per person? I have been to Brewer's bay and thought it was great i'm just looking for less people and some good snorkling.

• 6 years later...

Are there any beaches with walking distance of the cruise ship port? We have most of the day and I'd rather not venture farther than I can navigate myself back to the ship without using transport.. we are good for a few miles of walking.

• 2 months later...
there are a number of wonderful posts I would like to go back to and visit with my husband later. Is there a way to mark the post, like a bookmark?

please help someone!

That is a great question! You have that option on TripAdvisor, but I'm not aware of that option here. But I haven't looked at that and I will.

If you select your "User CP" at the top of the page you will see a list of subscribed threads, or threads you've posted in. So if you post to a thread, even just to bump it, that thread will be in that list.