Galveston excursions with airport drop-off?

pugsbest

I am trying to help some friends with their Conquest cruise on August 17. We are trying to figure out the best logistics for the flight home. Does anyone have information on Galveston area tours that return you to the airport at the end. Carnival's website doesn't show anything, but I thought I remembered seeing them when I cruised on the Elation out of Galveston a few years ago. We need to know what time do they get back to the airport as well as what type of tour are offered. I tried searching for info, but search engine didn't seem to want to work today. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks, Julie

Seeing as they most likely will fly into IAH which is on the far north side of Houston (25 miles north of Downtown) and they are 45 miles south of downtown they will have to arrange transportation from Galveston to Houston.

Personally I would simply do the Galveston Strand (where the port is) for the afternoon and then a transfer back to Houston depending on what time they fly out....

Hope it helps..

John

There are several local tour groups that operate in Galveston. I am not familiar if the tour groups will incorporate an airport transfer into a tour. You can visit www.galveston.com for info about things to do when you are in Galveston. The Strand is a pedestrian friendly part of town with shopping and dining. The historical district is filled with some amazing homes that you can tour through the Galveston Historical Foundation (www.galvestonhistory.com). If you have kids - or are a kid a heart - there is a great Railroad Museum within steps of the cruise port (www.galvestonrrmuseum.com). Or, you can take a cab or the trolley down to the beach and enjoy a bite of food and a gulf view from one of the decks of the many restaurants on the Seawall.

If there is a tour transfer available, the folks over at www.GalvestonCruises.com will know - their offices are just off The Strand at 523 24th Street, Suite 101, Galveston, Texas 77550

Toll Free: 1-800-593-8678 - Local: (409) 763-8678

Email: Info@GalvestonCruises.com

Hope this helps.

There was one this last february that took you to the aquarium and then to IAH. There are no shuttles or Carnival service to Hobby, ONLY to IAH. They should call carnival direct. We only spotted the Aquarium thing about a week before we left and we had already arranged to rent a car from Hertz, which is another option. It will be cheaper than paying for the shuttle to IAH.

Archived