Post your Favorite Pic HERE...

I have peeked at this forum for awhile and finally decided to share a pic

Paradise Beach-Cozumel/May 2007, this was the first thing I saw when we arrived and it looked so peaceful

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7db28b3127cce83b1cb0c8f4900000036108AcuGbVq3Ztc

I don't remember how to post it so it shows up and it's not on my pc here at work so I just included the link :)

Since it doesn't have to be a cruise pic... this one was taken in Chicago a couple of weeks ago. There was a mom, grandmother and 2 kids about 8 or 9 years old... Just as I was about to snap the pic, the younger one said, "Look Mom, it's a boy moose!". I couldn't stop laughing, poor mom was slightly embarrassed. Kids....

1187834852_boymooseresized.jpg.d50e4460ec1ca71fba8c679e25c65e7a.jpg

Not necessarily my FAVORITE but more of a tribute to the Empress of the Seas who is no longer a part of the family.:(

This is squeaking under one of the bridges in Phila. on her last sailing to Bermuda last year. Captain said we actually had a 25 ft. clearance

I guess if Empress squeezes under that pretty much eliminates the chance that Liberty or Freedome will be going there

There is no way the Liberty will LOL just like in Baltimore, if you haven't sailed from there..those guys made a mistake moving the new cruise terminal to where they did...NO big ship will ever be able to sail from there..about 30min out the ship has to get under the Key Bridge & much later the Chesapeake Bay Bridge (much much taller) but the Key Bridge really limits the ships that will ever be able to sail from there...I have bunches of shots from the Grandeur..and each and every time it gets better and better standing outside on deck thinking you're gonna HIT it :D I'd estimate less than 10-15 feet clearance......here's a pic or two025approachingKeyBridge.jpg

Many years ago when the NCL Dream docked in New Orleans, there was an accident in the river that prevented it from coming up the Mississippi River. It instead went up the Mississippi River Gulf outlet into the industrial canal where there are a few low bridges. the ship was able to go under them because the smoke stack opens and folds back to add many extra feet of clearance. I wonder if any other cruise ships can do this? Here is a picture of the smoke stack folding down.

07BSC-7.jpg

Many years ago when the NCL Dream docked in New Orleans, there was an accident in the river that prevented it from coming up the Mississippi River. It instead went up the Mississippi River Gulf outlet into the industrial canal where there are a few low bridges. the ship was able to go under them because the smoke stack opens and folds back to add many extra feet of clearance. I wonder if any other cruise ships can do this? Here is a picture of the smoke stack folding down.

07BSC-7.jpg

Interesting!

Archived