Limes???

TM&K

We are going on our first cruise 5/19 aboard the Inspiration out of Tampa, and after reading some of the threads on cruise critic, I called the bon voyage customer service and had a bottle of Grey Goose sent to my room. My question is, am I allowed to carry on limes and tonic water on the ship? Any info would be appreciated.

You can carry limes on, but not off. There are no citrus trees on cruise ships to infest with pests. I've brought limes and tonic water on board many times.

I'm with you on the limes, a rita without real lime is like a rita you get a the bar.

We usually carry one of the plastic squirt bottles of lime juice (found in the produce section at the grocery store) on our cruise to use for Corona's in our cabin or on our balcony. You might want to tuck one in your suitcase in a waterproof bag.

You can carry limes on, but not off. There are no citrus trees on cruise ships to infest with pests. I've brought limes and tonic water on board many times.
Do us a favor. The next time you go to board the ship ask them if it is OK to bring your bag of fruit on board.....;) Let us know how you make out....

Is there a price list somewhere to have alchohol delivered to your room? I found the wine list but thats it.

Thanks!

You'll have to call the bon voyage department. Just know they don't show it on their web page.

call the Bon Voyage Department to place an order over the phone. Orders are taken Monday-Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM EST by calling our toll free number at 1-800-522-7648. International users should call 1-305-599-2600.

Thanks for the info. I'll just get them from the bar, so I don't have to worry about carrying them on & pack the tonic water. Nice to know I can buy it, if I run out though.

Archived