Would You Cancel a Cruise....

missdenman

Because of someone else's "horrible" experience?

I had a friend who did because she heard from a few people the ship was old and the food was disgusting and bla bla bla..

I literally laughed in her face! She had never cruised before and wanted to try it out with her boyfriend. She booked it within the 50% penalty and cancelled it 3 days later..I really thought she lost it! got her an employee discount/upgrade! the works!!

I would never base anything on someone else's opinions..A review or knowing someone who has been on that cruise or to that particular city does help but it's definitely not going to help me make my final decisions.....

to make a long story, short......

I convinced her to go on the cruise.......

she's booking 2 cruises...1 for this sept and the other in 2009 ;)

she's addicted!

I sure your friend will have a good time. But I think cruising is a bit of a leap for the first timer. I agree reviews can vary wildly for any ship or hotel. (or city as you said).

I love old ships, But bad food would scare me. But food is highly subjective. One person may only like chicken or light fare, while someone else loves heavy classic cooking.

Tell your friend to go with an open mind. But I am afraid of your font LOL..

Tom in Long Beach...

The ship I work on makes everything except for the Ark look new...

But we do have good food..

Because of someone else's "horrible" experience?

I had a friend who did because she heard from a few people the ship was old and the food was disgusting and bla bla bla..

I literally laughed in her face! She had never cruised before and wanted to try it out with her boyfriend. She booked it within the 50% penalty and cancelled it 3 days later..I really thought she lost it! got her an employee discount/upgrade! the works!!

I would never base anything on someone else's opinions..A review or knowing someone who has been on that cruise or to that particular city does help but it's definitely not going to help me make my final decisions.....

to make a long story, short......

I convinced her to go on the cruise.......

she's booking 2 cruises...1 for this sept and the other in 2009 ;)

she's addicted!

I dont know about anybody else but that font is too hard for my old eyes.:o

Bill

SAME for Me It was going up and down like a ferris wheel:D

Whewww I thought I was just having a stoke:eek:

No I would not have cancelled, I have read negitive reviews on every ship I have been on and I admit I was a bit freaked each time I went anyways and have loved every ship....even the grapes on Miracle. :p

You can't please everyone, we all have different tastes and all expect different things. Tell your friend to go and have a great time!!!!

Kim

Whewww I thought I was just having a stoke:eek:

No I would not have cancelled, I have read negitive reviews on every ship I have been on and I admit I was a bit freaked each time I went anyways and have loved every ship....even the grapes on Miracle. :p

You can't please everyone, we all have different tastes and all expect different things. Tell your friend to go and have a great time!!!!

Kim

I too have read many bad reviews about different ships. If I let a bad review dissuade me in everything I do I would never be able to do anything. You will never please all the people all the time. There are too many variables out there for everyone to be happy with. Look at all the people who have something to say about the formal night. I will not say either way how I feel about that because that is not my point. Also, the fuel surcharge. Two sides to every coin. I want my opinion to count but I expect others to take it with a grain of salt because it is MY opinion and not theirs.

Just so you all know.... I hate that typeface. I guess all of our reviews on the type face are the same!!! ;) :D

Yes.

I was introduced to cruising when my Aunt called to get me to go a group cruise with her on the Celebration in March. I did some research, found out that cruising wasn't as expensive as I thought or just for the elderly. It looked affordable and FUN! I sent in a non-refundable deposit of $25 each for DH, Me and our 4 year old. Then I got on here and read everything and anything I could find. The more I read the more I decided that I wanted to be on a 7 day cruise. I wanted better ports and I didn't want to take our child. So I cancelled that cruise...lost $75....and found a kick butt deal on a CC cruise on the Legend out of Tampa. I have to wait until October but that works out for our schedule better and we miss Spring Break which is when the Celebration cruise was to take place. So reading the good the bad and the ugly had a great deal as to why I cancelled and why I rebooked something that fit our situation better. I also take the reviews seriously when they repeatedly say the same thing. I am already looking for our next cruise and I crossed off certain ships based on repeated reviews saying the same negative things. Same with port excursions. That is the value of others experiences.

I'll have to admit the bad reviews freak me out a bit. However, there always seem to be way more good reviews. So, I just figure some people are more difficult to please than others. I have enjoyed everything about the cruises I have been on so far. I am so looking forward to my Valor cruise this summer. I am becoming a CC addict & July is still a ways away.

I almost cancelled myself from reading this thread because of the font... but I didn't and now I wish I had.:D

I almost cancelled myself from reading this thread because of the font... but I didn't and now I wish I had.:D

You can say that again:D

No, there's absolutely no way that I would cancel a cruise based on one person's opinion. I research a lot before I book. If I'm going to put a deposit down, I'm going to go on the ship. (Unless there's an emergency or something.)

We were 3 couples on the same cruise and 2 couples loved it and 1 couple did not... Everyone's tastes are different.

Also, we tried for a few years to get one couple (very good friends we vacation often with) to cruise with us, but they kept hesitating because they thought they wouldn't like it. Well finally they went with us and 2 other couples in 2002 and loved it !! And we now cruise every year together... Go figure.

Before my first cruise, I seriously considered cancelling due to some bad reviews about NCL freeestyle cruising, and about the less than perfect ports in Hawaii, but my TA convinced me I would have a great time, and we did!

Looking back, I almost break out in a sweat thinking I might have missed out on the entire cruising experience because of what I have read on these boards.

I would never cancel a cruise now based on what I read here. I would certainly now do my homework before booking. Eg: I am booked on the Holiday this August. It's an old ship. I will expect the ship to be worthy of her age.

Archived