Karen? Whale watching in Seattle question...

vacationfool

Please help..We were trying to find a place that we could go whale watching on Saturday afternoon ? Is this possible on May. 3rd? I keep finding May 16 , 3 hour tours, but no mention of just a small company by the Pier offering a trip. Is the timing wrong ? are they all 3 hours tours?

Thank you !

Please help..We were trying to find a place that we could go whale watching on Saturday afternoon ? Is this possible on May. 3rd? I keep finding May 16 , 3 hour tours, but no mention of just a small company by the Pier offering a trip. Is the timing wrong ? are they all 3 hours tours?

Thank you !

There is a place at the Marina by Pier 66 that does it on a very small boat, and I think it is an ALL DAY tour. Unfortunately, I don't know the name of the company, I just see their little sandwich board signs out from time to time. I will see if I can get you a phone number for the Bell Street Marina harbor master. They might know who it is.

Most whale watching tours are at least 3 hours long if not longer. In order to see whales most tours like to go north towards the San Juan Islands. And that is quite a ways away from the piers in Seattle and that is why most trips are all day tours.

Here is the info for the Bell Street Marina harbor-master. Since I could not find a toll free number, you could also try the e-mail addy and ask them for the info on the all day whale watching from there.

Bell Harbor Marina

Bell Street Pier/Pier 66 , 2203 Alaskan Way

Tel:(206) 615-3952, Fax:(206) 615-3965 , VHF Channel 66A

bhm@portseattle.org

Opening Hours: Generally 0700-1730(Mon-Fri but longer in summer)

All facilities, including WiFi, pump-out and 24hr security. Revervations can be made on-line. Close to downtown.

:) That was so nice of you! Thank you for the information. I will check it out. Have a nice May 1st!

Oh, be glad that you are not here today. There will be a big May Day demonstration this afternoon that will be tying up traffic downtown for 4-5 hours right in peak rush hour time. Hope things are good for you when you get here Saturday. It is opening day for boating season, so there will be tons of boats out and lots of people on the water. It's supposed to be seasonable weatherwise, with showers in the morning and partly cloudy by afternoon with a high in the mid-50's.

Archived