Hee-hee....I'm booked! TA Specials?

:D :D :D I feel giddy! I just made my reservation with RC and booked a Jr. Suite. Yay! Second cruise and I did it by myself.

Now I feel like I can relax and bargain hunt for a travel agent, etc. I'd like to know what perks I might shoot for if I'm going to transfer my reservation to an agent. Please share what you have found in the past.

I applied for the RC Visa today and was approved, so I will want to put everything on that, eventually. I was told that I could book today on my current Visa, then transfer it all to the new one when I receive it...bonus!

Aside from that, if I find an agent who is offering some great perks, I'll eventually book through that person, all the while, watching for possible price drops.

I love this forum...I've learned so much!

Salsa Dancer

:D :D :D I feel giddy! I just made my reservation with RC and booked a Jr. Suite. Yay! Second cruise and I did it by myself.

Now I feel like I can relax and bargain hunt for a travel agent, etc. I'd like to know what perks I might shoot for if I'm going to transfer my reservation to an agent. Please share what you have found in the past.

I applied for the RC Visa today and was approved, so I will want to put everything on that, eventually. I was told that I could book today on my current Visa, then transfer it all to the new one when I receive it...bonus!

Aside from that, if I find an agent who is offering some great perks, I'll eventually book through that person, all the while, watching for possible price drops.

Salsa Dancer

We have a great TA but unfornuately they do not offer any OBC's:(

Salsa Dancer

A good advice from me: don't be fooled by perks. Service and availability should always come first. A $1000 OBC doesn't get you anything if you paid the TA your final payment and the TA did not pay RCI.

;)

the best I have seen is $200 onboard credit per cabin

It usually varies by cruise fare. I get $400 OBC for an Alaska Cruise Tour. I settled for a TA for our group cruise who gives somewhere between 5% and 6% of the cruise fare in OBC. But she gives good service and is always there.

It is hard to find a good TA. Very hard.

Dear Jo44....

Waaa-ha-ha. You have a great deal there!! But this is the problem...I could go on some cruises with much lower pricing for a jr. suite, but our anniversary is April 1st, our daughter is travelling with us and her 21st birthday is April 2nd, and both she and my hubby want to go after the 2nd. This all translates to over $1,000 for her first glass of bubbly with mom and dad. Even Dom Perignon can't top that. So I've been over-ruled.....but I'm going on a cruise so I'm not complaining. ;)

Salsa Dancer

Archived