Pilates and Yoga on QM2

Toffeegirl68

On my last voyage I attended the Pilates class every morning (it was always full). I found that the level of intensity was such that I was able to keep up and do most of the exercises.

Has anyone attended Yoga? Was the class suitable for all levels? Was it full? (I do yoga once a week but I am not very flexible or quick to move in and out of some of the poses.)

Indeed, has anyone been to one and then the other? (!!)

If I can cope with the level of the yoga class I might do them on alternate days...

On my last voyage I attended the Pilates class every morning (it was always full). I found that the level of intensity was such that I was able to keep up and do most of the exercises.

Has anyone attended Yoga? Was the class suitable for all levels? Was it full? (I do yoga once a week but I am not very flexible or quick to move in and out of some of the poses.)

Indeed, has anyone been to one and then the other? (!!)

If I can cope with the level of the yoga class I might do them on alternate days...

30 hours later, and still no answer? Perhaps ask a question about sloths (the animal, not the people) and you might get a yoga response! Good luck, and stay limber!

Last year there was a class called Yogalates: a combo of yoga and pilates. I never went, but saw it on the schedule. I did go to many other classes, though, and would say they were in the beginner/intermediate level. If you never worked out, you would be struggling. But if you're used to exercising in one form or another, I think you would be comfortable in just about any of the classes. I would say the one exception was spinning--that class was a high-intensity class!! Lots of stamina needed!!

Ok so not totally on point but thought I would pitch in. I was on the QE2 on 6th Jan this year and they did both yoga and pilates. I attended the pilates and fitball classes, both of which were suitable for beginners. I assume therefore that the yoga would be suitable for all levels too. If anything I would say I found the fitball classes on the easy side so I am sure that you will be fine.

Archived