Anything wrong?

wild_rose

We're in 6004 on the Oosterdam. That's a 'handicapped' cabin, so we'll have only a shower, of course.

It's a very quick decision since we found a price we couldn't resist!

Is there anything 'wrong' with the cabins at the very front (bow?) of the ship? Too windy? Too noisy? We had very few choices.

We're in 6004 on the Oosterdam. That's a 'handicapped' cabin, so we'll have only a shower, of course.

Is there anything 'wrong' with the cabins at the very front (bow?) of the ship? Too windy? Too noisy? We had very few choices.

It'll be breezy if the captain decides to get up speed, but you make up for that with the great view when coming into port...

Didn't someone mention that the cabins in the bow have a solid metal partition instead of the plexiglass like on the other verandahs?

On the Zuiderdam those rooms have the plexiglas. It's the rooms on the Upper Promenade that have the solid partition. I don't know for sure about the Oosterdam.

It'll be breezy if the captain decides to get up speed, but you make up for that with the great view when coming into port...
On the Zuiderdam there are no windows looking out the front of the cabins for those rooms. It's the front cabins on the decks above and below the Upper Verandah that have windows looking out the front. Once again, don't know about the Oostedam.

My brother has 6004 on the Zuiderdam in March. The room is a lot larger (about 250 square feet vs. 176 for a regular VA). The balcony seems to be the same size. When we return I can let you know how the room is, although I guess it's a little too close to your cruise to make a change.

On the Zuiderdam there are no windows looking out the front of the cabins for those rooms. It's the front cabins on the decks above and below the Upper Verandah that have windows looking out the front. Once again, don't know about the Oostedam.

But the wind blowing past the verandah should be much stronger in the first cabin then those further back. That's my theory, anyway :)

-dave

But the wind blowing past the verandah should be much stronger in the first cabin then those further back. That's my theory, anyway :)

-dave

Yes, I agree. But my comment was regarding having a great view coming into port, not the wind noise.

Archived