Question RE: Renting Tuxes

santacap

Is it necessary to take care of this prior to boarding or can it be done on the first day?

I kind of want to be fitted there, and not take my measurements 3 weeks out, and hope it won't be an issue. Thing is, this is a wedding tux and I of course will need it, or the wedding won't last the day:eek:

Is it necessary to take care of this prior to boarding or can it be done on the first day?

I kind of want to be fitted there, and not take my measurements 3 weeks out, and hope it won't be an issue. Thing is, this is a wedding tux and I of course will need it, or the wedding won't last the day:eek:

As long as you arent really short,tall they should be able to fit you on the ship.

For a wedding I would want to be fitted beforehand, but thats me.

Hopefully it will work out. Congrats and have a great cruise.

I do not rent tuxedos as I found a new one of decent quality on line for less than the cost of a rental. That being said, the instructions I have read for rentals say to go to a local rental shop several weeks in advance and get fitted (measured). The suits are not stocked on board, but are, evidently, provided on an as needed basis.

Doc:D

My DH has rented tuxes for our cruises many times BEFORE we board to be confident that they would have one his size. However, one time we forgot and decided to try anyway... They did have one that someone else decided at the last minute not to use, so he was in luck. We were told that they don't usually carry too many extra tuxes because of the difference in sizes (waist, inseams, length, etc..) We can understand.

So if I was you, rent in before you board!! :)

DH rents a tux for each cruise. He goes to his local tux rental store, and they measure him. (he tips, of course) He then calls Carnival about 3 weeks out, and gives them the measurements. This past cruise was the first time his tux did not fit correctly. (though jacket was marked correctly, it would have fit someone with gorilla arms!) He went to formalities immediately - they had nothing better, and told him to fold up the sleeves of his jacket. I pulled out my handy roll of duct tape, and problem solved. He looked great. BTW - it cost $128 for rental, including shoes, 2 shirts, etc. Only thing he had to bring was black socks. He hates packing suits, so this does the trick.

After renting tuxes on several cruises I decided to buy my own, I bought one off ebay for less than it cost me to rent one each time I cruise. Every cruise I go on I just take it with me, and save alot of money and I can use it for other occasions also.

Archived