Tahitian Princess - Laundry Soap Question

hillslife

We are booked on the WC 2009 on this ship and were on it this summer - so I checked it out pretty well. But now that I am planning for the WC, I can't remember the laundry detergent set up. I know there is an automatic dispenser that goes right into the washers - but is this included in the wash load price and automatic or do you pay extra for the soap and can not have it added if you don't want it?

I am trying to figure out if I need to buy laundry detergent before boarding the ship for 107 days???

Thanks much for anyone that can refresh my memory - having a senior moment:o

soap comes with the price of the wash, you push the soap button though:)

That is a good tip to pass on:rolleyes: , we had to help people and then those people would help the next and so on. I took a handful of dryer sheets to share and left them on a coffee table that was in the room, it was pretty funny to watch people grab them thinking that they were getting something "free". Others asked and I admitted that I brought them to share. Nice laundry room and we met the nicest people there from all over the world. I also brought some wire hangers from home and a $ store laundry bag that collapsed. A lot of people came in just to iron (which I do not do well at all) & my husband kept pointing out that I should be watching:eek: Never gonna happen LOL

Jan

Thanks to all of you for your tips - I will forego buying the laundry soap and just go for the dryer sheets. Look at all the $$$ you have saved me and the hassle of hauling a bottle of detergent onto the ship.

Once again CC has come through with the tough questions....;)

OK, let me muddy it up a bit - sorry. We've been on both the Pacific Princess and the Royal Princess. The Pacific Princess had a liquid laundry detergent dispenser above each washer. You pushed the button to have soap added to your load. Some people brought their own soap instead. There was no charge for the laundry detergent. The Royal Princess had a machine where you could purchase a small box of detergent for your use. The downside of the Royal's layout is that there is no chair in the laundry room. We were on the Pacific in 2006 and the Royal in 2007.

Both ships have a single laundry room on deck 7 and each contains 4 washers and 4 dryers. The wait for dryers is what keeps the room busy. Drying takes much longer than washing. As can be expected, sea days are worse than port days, and taking a good attitude into the laundry room helps with the ambiance and the waiting. The room gains a type of collective wisdom as the cruise goes on. Old hands (also known as people who've been in the room for more than an hour) help out the newcomers. I'm the type of person who waits with my laundry. I bring some reading material and my iPod and just hang out while I'm doing the domestic thing. I've met some interesting people while in the laundry, including the inventor of Clorox 2!

I have a funny laundy room story.

When we were on the Star Princess, I was in the laundry room using one of the irons when this lady comes in, looks around & proceeds to give me supreme heck for using the right handed iron:rolleyes: I just told her she could use the other right handed iron in her left hand. She looked at the other iron & said OK & started to iron...with her left hand of course...

We laughed over that the whole cruise.

By the way... I do appologize for hogging the right handed iron.... :p

Archived