cruise w/only me & my DD4

princess12

I'm planning to take my DD4 to a short Coastal Cruise. Because of scheduling conflicts, my husband is unable to join us. :( We've never gone away on vacation without my husband so this is all new to me. I am constantly doubting myself if I'm able to do it without any help... she might drive me wonkers! :eek:

Has anyone taken their little one all by themselves to a "short" vacation? I figured I could probably have a nice break to read a book or something while she's in the kids programs.

I travel regularly with my three kids (7,6,4) since my husband is not a cruiser. We love it and all of us feel like we have had a vacation. The kids love all the kids activities and I feel like I've had a vacation since I have a few hours a day to myself and I'm not cooking and cleaning. I think you will find it a great experience. Where are you going?

Ditto, I did it also. It worked out very well. As others have said, it's nice because you do get a break with the kid's camp. As a matter of fact, I think cruising is the best way to have a single parent vacation. Enjoy! :)

Count me in as someone who enjoys cruising alone with my children. My family always wants to come along, but a cruise is the perfect way for my girls and I to have alone time together. As the pp mentioned, you pay full price for the 2nd passenger, but I've found it's still less expensive than a land-based/resort vacation - plus, a ship is a very safe/inviting place for a woman alone with her children.

Best,

Mia

Never done it, but I would in a heartbeat. DH loves cruising as much as I do. So, I will probably not get the chance to sail with just my kids.

One thing you must do, though, is get a release letter signed by your husband and notarized allowing you to take your children out of the country. Sometimes the cruise lines don't ask for it, sometimes they do. Each cruise line has a form letter available from their website (that I've found so far). It's usually called "Parental Consent Form." Like AMEX, don't leave home without it. You may be denied boarding. :eek:

I have done it. We went in October and will be going again in June. I agree that the kids program at least gives you some alone time but you still have plenty of time to spend with your kids. It does not seem to bother my son any. :)

Archived