Day Pass Choices for Grand Bahama?

cruiseapril

From what I've read in previous threads, there are no resorts that offer passes.

Guess you could call some of them and let us know what you find out! ;)

Viva Fortuna will sell you a day pass and it is all -inclusive... I think the cruise has one for it. May be worth going thru the ship as they include getting there and back. Depending on how many are in you group try renting a room at the Sheraton at Our Lucaya... in June they seem to be about $130ish. That way you would have a room and run of the resort.

Thank you- We went to the British Colonial Hilton in Nassau last year where they have that good deal of a $15 day pass.

Thought maybe some hotels had day passes in Grand Bahama- I'll look into it.

Viva Wyndham is an excursion for Carnival-but we are going to the Sheraton/Westin Lucaya Beach - to check out those hotels for a land vacation later.

Thank you- We went to the British Colonial Hilton in Nassau last year where they have that good deal of a $15 day pass.

Thought maybe some hotels had day passes in Grand Bahama- I'll look into it.

Viva Wyndham is an excursion for Carnival-but we are going to the Sheraton/Westin Lucaya Beach - to check out those hotels for a land vacation later.

We have stayed there several times... depending on your taste and age group (children) would say which one to stay in. If you have younger children you would like the Sheraton as it caters to the youngsters will a small waterslide and the pool is themed. The Westin caters more to adults and older children. Swim-up bar is located right in front of the main Westin hotel. Check out this website: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1459

Have a great time!

Thank you- bobsfamily. With Grand Bahama being so close to Florida, it seems like a good place for a land vacation.

The Sheraton & Westin look really nice.

We have taken the Discovery cruise over several times:

http://www.discoverycruiseline.com/

It leaves early - you have to be there around 5ish - gets to GBI around 1ish. You can book it with different return days and it leaves GBI around 4ish, getting back around 10ish. Nice change from flights - although a flight is 45 min. - and you do get a mini cruise out of it. Breakfast,lunch and dinner. If you do use it BOOK a room. It is worth it to have your own bathroom.

Bob

So, has anyone found out whether a day pass at any of the resorts is an option? If not, I guess we'll just be catching a taxi to the Lucaya area and using the free beach and wander around the shopping area.

As far as I know there are no $15 resort fee type. Either you go with the cruise line or you go to Our Lucaya and wing it.

Good Luck

We are doing the excursion offered by Carnival at the Viva Wyndham in Freeport. It is expensive but we decided to try it. We leave 5/26.

We have never done it thru Carinval, but I have stayed at the property several times.

It is all-inclusive and I think it's all ages. That is a problem if little kids in the hot tub bother you. The Drinks are not top-shelf, but if you stick with the bahama momma or Gombay smash it all tastes good.... only local draft beer. Food can get a bit tiring after a few days but for one day it will be fine.

Having said all that the beach is beautiful and drinks are FREE and the pool is nice. They sometimes have a lady that does hairbraiding and sells trinkets/t-shirts on the left looking at the water right off the property. The whole area is fenced in and is safe for younger ones to run around.

I have had a great time... if topless bothers you be careful down at the beach... usually to the left. Lots of Europeans vacation there and are rather lax about that... plus the speedos on the males that should not be in ANY suit...lol.

I wrote this in another thread... have a great time. It will be great for the day. You could go on your own - contact the resort.. but you would need to pay for the cab there and back.

I am also looking for hotels that offer beach passes in Nassau. I spoke to the Wyndham and they offer a beach pass at $ 15.00 per person which includes use of the pool, beach and bathrooms. I don't know about watersports (snorkeling etc) since they never answer the phone. The Sheration Cable beach offers a day use pass which includes a room, the use of beach and pool all non motorized water sports. You can also charge all your beverages and food to your room. It is about a 20 minute cab ride to the hotel from the cruise ports. The cost is $99 for the day for two adults. Children under 12 are free! If anyone has any reviews of these two places or the Hilton please let me know! Thanks!

bnr- We were at the British Colonial Hilton in Nassau last year. It is a beautiful older refurbished hotel- a classy business hotel right near the pier. ($15 for day pass.)

It appeals to adults wanting a quiet time at the pool and beach. (Not really a family place.) The beach is small, the pool nice, and the gardens lovely. However, if someone wants lots of water sports and a big beach with lots of action, they would want to go to Cable Beach IMO.

Archived