Weather next week includes sleet..will our

vacationfool

I wouldn't worry about a weather forecast for next week; weather can change drastically between now and then. I would assume that if the weather is really bad, your tours would be cancelled but you won't know that until that day.

I doubt the wilderness one in the boat would be. One of the frequent posters here talks about whale watching in the sleet..... :eek: Which tour is it?

The flying one is probably more likely to be cancelled, but the Alaska weather forecasts are not terribly reliable. When we sailed last year it was forecasting rain almost every day, and we had beautiful weather for 4 of the 7 days, overcast another, and hard rain only once in Ketchikan, as well as coming and going in Seattle.

that's why i tell people to dress in layers, one layer being water-proof.

after that whale watching trip, i recommended a good cover for the camera. otherwise you get photo like this one

(they got better after i cleaned the lens)

15959000_36moreflipperfun.jpg.aa3264de98d891429bbf6556809fe40c.jpg

I looked at Accuweather.com and checked Juneau, Sitka and Ketchikan and did not see sleet or snow. There may be a few showers but that's all. We're leaving Saturday on an Alaskan cruise and those are the ports we're visiting. Shoot, I wish it would snow. That would be the icing on the cake.

High temps in the inland passage next week are forecast in the high 40˚F to low 50˚F. That seems a little warm for sleet.

Betsy

Although the temp. down low may be that warm, the sleet doesn't necessarily melt before it hits the ground. It can happen.

Archived