Enough time for Rum Point?

RubySoho

Our ship arrives in Grand Cayman at 7 am but will leave at 2 pm. My wife and I really wanted to see Rum Point. The Nativeway Rays, Reef and Rum tour would be perfect but doesn't arrive back until 2:30. All the other tours we have found don't get us back in time either.

We thought about renting a car and just driving to Rum Point ourselves. But I'm afraid that by the time we tendered off the boat, got the rental car, and drive to Rum Point, it will be time to turn around just to catch our ship.

Is this plan feasible? Or does anyone know of any tour that will get us to Rum Point and back in time to catch our cruise ship?

We are going on The Inspiration in Sept. They have an excursion through Carnival to visit the sting rays and then head on to Rum Point for an hour and a half. We are going to be there the same hours as you. Just a thought if you are going on Carnival.

We are actually sailing on the Inspiration as well in November. They are not offerring that excursion on our stop. I assumed because we were not there long enough for it, but I guess not.

We are actually sailing on the Inspiration as well in November. They are not offerring that excursion on our stop. I assumed because we were not there long enough for it, but I guess not.

I would check again. I went to the Carnival site and looked at cruises leaving in Nov and saw it was offered. You can go to your reservation and go to plan activities. Then click on shore excursions for Grand Caymen. It is offered for $55.00 per person. The time frame is 8:30-1:00. It brings you to the stingrays and then to Rum Point. Let me know if you find it.

Thanks for trying, but we've already done that. I don't know if it has already sold out or what.:confused: They offer the shorter version which does the string rays and the reef, but it doesn't go to Rum Point.

These are our choices for Grand Cayman:

Cayman Pirate Encounter Relive the swashbuckling days of long ago when Grand Cayman became famous for being a safe harbor for pirates and their treasure.

Cayman Shore Snorkel Discover the beauty of Grand Cayman's underwater world on this shore snorkel tour, only a short distance away from your ship.

Fisherman's Rock Snorkel Adventure Experience some of the Cayman Island?s best snorkeling at Fisherman?s Rock.

Grand Cayman Golf The Cayman Island's Only 18 hole Championship Golf Course!

Pedro St. James and Botanical Park Discover the heritage and culture of the Cayman Islands at the Pedro St. James historical site followed by a tour of the botanical gardens.

spacer.gifRay Runner and Stingray City Snorkel Tour Experience the thrill of swimming with and feeding stingrays.

Reef and Rays Snorkelingspacer.gif Enjoy two of the island?s most famous sites on this combination tour ? a beautiful coral reef and the world famous Stingray City.

Sea Trek Grand Cayman This excursion is the next best thing to walking on the moon.

Shripwreck and Reef Snorkeling Discover Grand Cayman?s beautiful marine life as you snorkel through a coral reef and a wreck.

Stingray City Sandbar Safari Interact with friendly stingrays in their own environment.

Stingray Sandbar, Hell and Turtle Farm Experience all the major highlights of Grand Cayman in one tour. spacer.gif

Seven Mile Beach Breakspacer.gif Feel your cares melt away under the Caribbean sun at Grand Cayman's newest beach destination, Sea Grape Beach.

The Trolley Roger Come experience Grand Cayman's rich history and folklore on the one and only Trolley Roger.

Gee, I am sorry to hear that. I just checked our cruise again and we have twice as many excursions offfered on our cruise. Maybe check back again as it gets closer and it might become available. I can not imagine it sold out already. Good Luck!

Thanks! I hope you have a great time on your cruise.:D What are you going to do in Cozumel? I think we are going to do the catamaran/snorkel/boat party. It sounds like a lot of fun.

I'm doing the Nov 3 Inspiration sailing, and the Stingray and Rum Point excursion is available. The Carnival website has been kind of goofy the past few days while they were doing updates...maybe there was a glitch? I actually did this excursion 3 weeks ago when I sailed on the Valor. It's a great tour, and I would definitely recommend it.

I also did the Deluxe Sail and Snorkel party in Cozumel. It was a great time! I'd also recommend this excursion!

This should help you contact carsons stingray tours google it

we've used them twice in the past they take us took to stingray city and rum point and the tour last about 4-5 hours, or you can do rum point only,

dont miss out on rum point beach its the best

yes, its carson stingray city tour dot com,

i just finished reserving with them once again for our upcoming cruise on the liberty 6-21-08, i made my arrangements with katrina, they're very flexible just tell them what you want to do, they'll arrange something for you. tell them jannette from miami sent you:p

yes, its carson stingray city tour dot com,

i just finished reserving with them once again for our upcoming cruise on the liberty 6-21-08, i made my arrangements with katrina, they're very flexible just tell them what you want to do, they'll arrange something for you. tell them jannette from miami sent you:p

THANKS!

I'm doing the Nov 3 Inspiration sailing, and the Stingray and Rum Point excursion is available. The Carnival website has been kind of goofy the past few days while they were doing updates...maybe there was a glitch? I actually did this excursion 3 weeks ago when I sailed on the Valor. It's a great tour, and I would definitely recommend it.

I also did the Deluxe Sail and Snorkel party in Cozumel. It was a great time! I'd also recommend this excursion!

How crowded was this tour through Carnival(Rays and Rum Point)? I was trying to do an independent tour because I prefer smaller groups, but we will only be there from 7 - 2, also, and I'm nervous about going to Rum Point independently.

How crowded was this tour through Carnival(Rays and Rum Point)? I was trying to do an independent tour because I prefer smaller groups, but we will only be there from 7 - 2, also, and I'm nervous about going to Rum Point independently.

I'm curious about how crowded it is too. We have it booked in June. I really wanted to go to Rum Point, and this was the only excursion through Carnival that would take us there.

thanks!

Our ship arrives in Grand Cayman at 7 am but will leave at 2 pm. My wife and I really wanted to see Rum Point. The Nativeway Rays, Reef and Rum tour would be perfect but doesn't arrive back until 2:30. All the other tours we have found don't get us back in time either.

We thought about renting a car and just driving to Rum Point ourselves. But I'm afraid that by the time we tendered off the boat, got the rental car, and drive to Rum Point, it will be time to turn around just to catch our ship.

Is this plan feasible? Or does anyone know of any tour that will get us to Rum Point and back in time to catch our cruise ship?

Did you try emailing Nativeway? They should work the excursion around the time you will be in port...not necessarily what they have posted on their website. Much of their business is with cruise ship passengers, so they should work the tour to fit your time frame. They are a great company, Sharon is pretty quick to reply emails. It won't hurt to ask if that is the tour you really want to take! :D

We did the Stingrays and Rum Point beach excursion through Carnival last week (May 7th). We were the 2nd boat to the Rays, so when we first arrived out there, it was not crowded at all. It was that way for about 20-30 mins before all the other boats started arriving. When we left, there were probably around 10 boats still there. It was nice at first, since all the stingrays were by our boat, but they are smart stingrays, and anytime a new boat would come up, they would all swim over to the new boat. A few would stick around, but less than what we started with.

As for Rum Point, we had about an hour and a half there. Would have had closer to two hours had the boat skipper not gone so slow all the way to the beach - it was very frustrating. But, Rum Point is very nice, and probably are favorite part of the whole cruise. The water is great - very clear, and the beach relatively uncrowded.

We did the Stingrays and Rum Point beach excursion through Carnival last week (May 7th). We were the 2nd boat to the Rays, so when we first arrived out there, it was not crowded at all. It was that way for about 20-30 mins before all the other boats started arriving. When we left, there were probably around 10 boats still there. It was nice at first, since all the stingrays were by our boat, but they are smart stingrays, and anytime a new boat would come up, they would all swim over to the new boat. A few would stick around, but less than what we started with.

As for Rum Point, we had about an hour and a half there. Would have had closer to two hours had the boat skipper not gone so slow all the way to the beach - it was very frustrating. But, Rum Point is very nice, and probably are favorite part of the whole cruise. The water is great - very clear, and the beach relatively uncrowded.

Which ship were you on? I was wondering how long you were in port, what time you started/ended your tour, and if you had time to go to any beaches on 7 mile in addition to your excursion?

We were on the Triumph. From what I could tell, we were one of the first (if not the first) excursion groups to board the bus to our destination (being the boat which took us out to the Stingrays). I believe the last tender for the Triumph was around 3:30, and we got back from the excursion around 2:30. So, you really wouldn't have that much time to hit Seven Mile Beach. But, of course, you have a little time to walk around the town and browse the shops, which is what we did. Based on our experience, your ship would have to be in dock longer in order to go to Seven Mile in addition to the Rays & Rum Point excursion.

Archived